Model Cars Magazine Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fantom

1/12 scale Maverick funny car

Recently won this on E-bay. I’ve looked for a complete car for a long time that was not crazy expensive.This one is complete except for the foot pedal and open chute,and a couple small parts, enough to build a complete car  . If your not familiar, it’s a 1:12 scale Mean Maverick funny car from Monogram, circa early 70s. The electric motor was supposed to raise and lower the body. It’s actually in really nice shape, no major glue mistakes. My plan is rebuild, add some detail, and a nice paint job. I’m hoping Whoopie Kat decals opens back up so I can get a set of replacement decals.

1606602502401-vi.jpg

1606602604938-vi.jpg

1606602514803-vi.jpg

1606602520710-vi.jpg

I have some in stock. They are improved over the original with accurate contingency decals.

Alan

MeanMavDecalsR.jpg

Edited by Alan

6 minutes ago, Daddyfink said:

Would be awesome if Mobius had this mold. 

If anyone has the tooling it may be ATLANTIS as they bought all tooling in storage in ILL. 

Yes,,,I'd buy @!!!   Me about 1973

memm.JPG

2 hours ago, Dave Van said:

If anyone has the tooling it may be ATLANTIS as they bought all tooling in storage in ILL. 

Yes,,,I'd buy @!!!   Me about 1973

memm.JPG

I have no idea why I have Mobius on the brain. I should have correctly stated Atlantis! Thanks for the reminder, and how did the motorized part work? Ok or glitchy?

The left was pretty cool. The gearbox needed lots of grease. I'd be OK w/o the motor if needed.