Model Cars Magazine Forum

1975 Monte Carlo

Wylde

I converted the Revell Lowrider 77 Monte Carlo  snap kit into a 75 with my own 3d modeled and printed parts. I also have a 74 conversion kit. I owned a 1:1 of this car in this exact color in between 1992 and 2001 and it was a great car.

20200924_115725.jpg

20200919_193425.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Classicgas said:

Yes please! That makes me drool. Are you selling the parts? Do you have parts to do a conversion to a 73?

working on the 73 conversion...it's a little more complicated but hoping to have it done soon. Yes I sell them you can message me if you want 1.

15 hours ago, '70 Grande said:

Really nice build! Tell us more about the parts you had to 3D-print to create this conversion.

I modeled in my CAD the whole front from the front edge of the hood forward including the bumper. The rear, I modeled from just below the trunk lip, tail lights and rear bumper. Both 74 and 75 are done and working on a 73 conversion. Last I will do a 76 conversion which will be super minor, basically grille and tail lights as I believe the bumpers are the same as the 77. If not, they will be corrected also. My goal is to have 73 - 77 Monte Carlos. I have 5 Revell 77 Monte kits to pull it off.

I also made a bench seat to fit in that kit because I never had those fancy swivel buckets. My version 4 now has clear lens headlights.

20201008_171249.jpg

20201008_171257.jpg

20201017_084948.jpg

20201006_180651.jpg

Great conversion you did. Front and back ends came out really nice. 

Reminds me of the 75 that my uncle owned back then.  His was white with blue landau top and blue velour interior. Classy car! His was the first car I ever saw with power windows and AM/FM stereo - I thought I was in a limousine!

In my opinion, it was the nicest car he ever owned. Later he traded it in on a Ford Futura, and they went downhill from there. Yawn. ??