Model Cars Magazine Forum

Digger Dirick & Bucket Truck

i built these a while back . i used the AMT Ford 8000 for the base kit..for the beds i use 2 old DG production truck toys. i complete rebuilt them with lots of scratch building and added parts. the pole trailer was scratch built . the wooden poles even have the copper ground wire on them..these were to a fun project and were sold to a lineman company in Alabama ..another set is in the works..

SAM_2974.JPG

SAM_2979.JPG

SAM_2981.JPG

SAM_2982.JPG

SAM_2985 (2).JPG

SAM_2988.JPG

SAM_2950 (2).JPG

SAM_2953.JPG

SAM_2954.JPG

SAM_2956.JPG

SAM_2962 (2).JPG

SAM_2963 (2).JPG

SAM_2968 (2).JPG

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mopar - D said:

Dave awesome builds I have the same two DG trucks and I used a Autocar for the bucket truck with the old Center Point colors. I still have the pole truck to change out but not sure what I’m going to use to change it out with yet. 

the digger truck i rebuilt the boom where the pole grab moved up and down also made the winch work..updated the controls to joy stick..sold the set for $800 ..i have done brought another long arm bucket truck that i will rebuild and pit on a  an int Prostar frame since some use that cab..we need a model show so we can catch up..

14 minutes ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Impressive work Dave!   The Ford 8000 was the perfect choice for the subject and I love all the details, I think $800 wasn't a high price for these beauties.   Luckily, you can build another one and you will have some great and enjoyable bench time in front of you! ?

thank you . from what i learned on the first 2 will just help out on the next 2 . they were a joy to build..

1 hour ago, Mopar - D said:

We differently need a model show looking like April for Modelmeana from the last update I’ve seen. Have you checked out my Heavy Haul project? 

lets hope . no but i will . i been so busy on my Facebook truck group ..Building Big Rigs and Construction Equipment  and the 2 hurricane's we got hit with back to back that i just got back on here...

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That is is awesome... Very nice work... I JUST snagged one of those long reach cherry pickers, and a short reach off ebay a couple months ago... I just missed a listing with all 4 that were produced, but I couldn't get my money right.... I was just about to do a little research on them to see what I could do to them... Your pics will be a big help with that... 

I've seen Dan's, and it's pretty nice... I've got my eye on a pole setter, too... Hoping to get a decent price, is all... We'll see, though...

Really nice work on that pole trailer... I laughed at one that was priced at, like $100... I'm thinking, I can totally scratch that up with not much effort... Yours is way more awesome than that one, by the way...

Awesome work, Man!!!