Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mercedes Outlaws & Hot Rods

On 12/8/2020 at 2:50 AM, mattg said:

Mechatronik M-Coupe with AMG V8 engine https://www.mechatronik.de/en/new-tech/m-coupe/

You can buy them as "new" cars, but actually they are completely rebuilt and modified W111s.

[...]

Welcome to the forum!  I'm not surprised this is being done, thanks for the comment.  Are there kits with this engine, or aftermarket engines?

10 minutes ago, 89AKurt said:

Welcome to the forum!  I'm not surprised this is being done, thanks for the comment.  Are there kits with this engine, or aftermarket engines?

Thanks, Kurt!

I am not aware of any M 113 aftermarket engines or suitable non-curbside kits.

2 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Not sure if it totally qualifies, but this Benz belongs to a friend of mine. Mostly stock. Except for the full air ride suspension of course.

[...]

Screenshot_20201217-192739_Instagram.jpg.b67a27926096f9845b1607665aebdb0f.jpg

[...]

I've noticed that radical customs are relatively rare, the most common mod is dropping?  Thanks for posting.

18 minutes ago, 89AKurt said:

I haven't bothered figuring out Pinterest and how to share photos, so take screenshots.  This is the Eurowise 280 S with a turbo LS swap, appears to be a real car, not a rendering.

308548527_Eurowise280SwturboLS.jpg.3efe24aaefdb76c00656af70e259a77d.jpg

there's a feature on that car on stanceworks.com quite a few other mercs too, but dont let the stance tag put you off, it covers vintage motorsport too. It the guy that built the "rusty slamington" bmw that runs the site

9 hours ago, mattg said:

This one also works fine -- http://roadstars.mercedes-benz.com/en_GB/magazine/route/01-2018/on-tour-with-arto-simola-in-the-actros-lowrider.html

The certificate they use to verify their identity is out of whack. Not altogether uncommon. 

On 12/24/2020 at 8:40 PM, Perspective Customs said:

I'm a Benz fan. Currently have 5 in the stable, '13 C250, '01 CLK430, '96 E320, '02 ML500 & '03 S500. It was an '88 300TE wagon that got me hooked.

You want sacrilege? Here are some examples of what I think should not be done to an MB (the G Wagen is kind of cool though):

[...]

44_1395167_125200590856AM.jpg

[...]

You ain't kidding! ?  I kinda dig this 190SL, except the seats.

13 hours ago, Steve H said:

These are great! I’m getting some excellent ideas. 
Not sure if we’re supposed to show  models here or not, but I did this to one several years ago. 
[...]

I was hoping everyone would!  That's the idea of this topic.  Looks awesome, you have a Under Glass of that?

1 hour ago, Perspective Customs said:

If you're willing to spend at least $50 for a 190E kit and maybe $40 for a Golf you might be able to pull this off.

[...]

9b3b8fcc04029941eb5e3b1c7add180c.jpg

Huh, sure would be a project!

2 hours ago, stitchdup said:

No need for the golf, you just need the revell 190 wagon and remove the rear overhang

190 wagon? Do you mean the revell 230 TE (w124) wagon? Good luck finding one and at the price you need big cajones to cut it up. I think it's the w124 wagon they used for the 1:1 pictured. You can tell by the tail lights.

143752-10911-360.jpg

1024px-Mercedes-Benz-300TE-wagon.jpg

1 hour ago, Perspective Customs said:

190 wagon? Do you mean the revell 230 TE (w124) wagon? Good luck finding one and at the price you need big cajones to cut it up. I think it's the w124 wagon they used for the 1:1 pictured. You can tell by the tail lights.

143752-10911-360.jpg

1024px-Mercedes-Benz-300TE-wagon.jpg

oops, my mistake, it was a transkit for the revell 190e kits. I got it mixed up somewhere

10 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

I was hoping everyone would!  That's the idea of this topic.  Looks awesome, you have a Under Glass of that?

Huh, sure would be a project!

Hi Kurt, I will take some new photos and post sometime in the next week or so.

Cheers, Steve

• 1 month later...