Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mercedes Outlaws & Hot Rods

Beautiful car you posted Matthijs, I put an index card on to of the roof line and visualized it with a 2" chop.......hmmmmm.  Still a gorgeous car as it is, thanks for posting the pics.  cheers, tim

• 2 months later...
On 2/17/2021 at 11:51 AM, matthijsgrit said:

Saw this on Facebook (it's a model!!)

[...]

That's the spirit!  That is well done.

This was at a local car show last weekend.  I told the guy that I grew up with a 190, so had a good conversation.  It's a 220, but he put a V8 in the front seat. He has fun getting reactions from purists.  He has done sacrilege with a few cars.  These were very common, used as taxis in Europe, you can't get the money out of a restoration, unlike a 190SL or Gullwing.  So I think it's fun!

IMG_1758.jpg

IMG_1759.jpg

6 hours ago, matthijsgrit said:

WTF indeed! Inside it's kinda like a dragster, driving from where the backseat was.

Some more pics here (although I find the article a bit negative...) https://www.generationhighoutput.com/it-belongs-in-a-museum/

Car shows tend to separate the youngsters from the old farts.  The owner has a grey ZZ Top beard.  The blogger didn't get any more information than me.  Good to see he drives it over 100 miles, Flagstaff is north and Phoenix south of me.  The YT video is extremely annoying. 😖

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this on "carbuzz"........a tuner is going to make this car based on their rendering. They've already made a gorgeous convertible version of it. 

852286.jpg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Codi said:

Saw this on "carbuzz"........a tuner is going to make this car based on their rendering. They've already made a gorgeous convertible version of it. 

852286.jpg

Thats cool

• 1 month later...
On 6/2/2021 at 4:45 PM, stitchdup said:

Thats cool

If you’re on Instagram, there is no escape from this thing. It is posted constantly. The same rendering in different colors. 

8 hours ago, LDO said:

If you’re on Instagram, there is no escape from this thing. It is posted constantly. The same rendering in different colors. 

I am not, or Tw(Sh)itter.