Model Cars Magazine Forum

'29 Ford pickup street rod

Revell "rat rod" kit with a 5.0 and wheels from a Revell '32 sedan. Valve covers from the "Hay's" pro street Thunderbird. 

Paint is custom mix Tamiya acrylic "pistachio" grey-green. Testors Mopar "Green Go" on wheels and engine. and their flat green on seat and door panels.

IMG 2887

IMG 2888

IMG 2889

IMG 2890

IMG 2891

IMG 2892

IMG 2893

IMG 2894

IMG 2895

IMG 2896

IMG 2897

IMG 2900

IMG 2901

21 hours ago, stinkybritches said:

Very sharp. Well done. 

39 minutes ago, BeakDoc said:

That’s beautiful. I dig the period-correct, stock  look of the paint scheme and the lime green wheels. Very classy and understated. 

Thanks guys. I appreciate the comments.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/4/2020 at 2:50 PM, Can-Con said:

Wow, almost a hole day and only one comment? 

I guess either I pissed off a lot of people or I posted this in the wrong section.

Maybe it's time for a Rod & Custom section??

Yeah, things can be very slow in the truck section. Outstanding job you did on this one! Are the door handles out at the chrome platers?😁

Add me to the list of people that missed this one!  I know it's my problem, no-one else's, but when I see Model Truck I think of Kenworths and Peterbilts, not Model A pickups.  The only time I remember to look in here is when a hot rod truck pops up as the first post when I get online.  I suspect I might have missed a number of cool hot rod trucks as a result.

And yes, I love your truck!  In the WIP section I said I wouldn't change a thing and my opinion hasn't changed.  I haven't even opened my Tudor kits so it is neat to see what you can do with the wheels in that box. This would look right at home in an Aussie rod run.

Cheers

Alan

On 12/4/2020 at 3:50 PM, Can-Con said:

Wow, almost a hole day and only one comment? 

I guess either I pissed off a lot of people or I posted this in the wrong section

Maybe it's time for a Rod & Custom section??

I missed it, too!

I'm nearing the finish line of the RPU version, hope it turns out half as nice as yours! :)