Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Ford Louisville Snow Plow kit

...bought for $10 with parts off the trees, a few parts missing, of course, and no numbers as seen in these instructions from https://public.fotki.com/modeltrucks25thscale. I’m wondering what the vinyl tubing representing hydraulic lines would be for, seems like there should be chains holding up the blade instead. Prototype seems to be a Valk unit, only hydraulics should be on the ‘hitch telescope’, as I see it, the ‘trip cylinder’ would be more like a passive shock absorber
spacer.png
Edited by hct728(Bob)

On 12/7/2020 at 8:52 PM, Oldmopars said:

I have that kit new in the box, if you have any questions, let me know. I can take pictures and show you what things are supposed to look like. I may even be able to cast you a missing part if its small. 

Thanks for the offer, but it's just that things don't fit properly, so it's hard to figure out how they are supposed to go together. There are few locating pins so you have to just guess what AMT intended things to look like. It's coming along now, almost done the building phase

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. I will be adding chains and the vinyl tubing and calling it done. Found a drawing but no real hydraulic cylinders visible, though I have seen them mounted underneath for angling the blade. Don't want to go that far. I see the blade is attached lower than I thought, and I'll have to see if I need to re-attach it lower, though I'm anxious to move on to something else!

Valk_Snowplow.JPG