Model Cars Magazine Forum

Westernstar 6900 oilfield bed truck

10 hours ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

Looks great! What exactly is the black strap material that you used?

its crystal line for making necklace ..comes in lots of colors and has a rubber texture. like a rubber band . once u have your tanks built and the straps in place  with a dab of thick CA glue the line to the back of the tank. pull snug around the tank and glue again to the back of the tank. the tension should hold it snug up against the strap . if not  a little CA glue on a tooth pick will fix it.. any craft store that sells necklace beads should have it . or go to Amazon or ebay .

DSC04204.JPG

6 hours ago, Mopar - D said:

Dave hope you’re feeling better. Your build looks awesome what did you use for your wire ropes. 

fishing line . got it off ebay.. i used a lot of different things through the years until i found this .

s-l1600.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE.....work has been slow on the bed truck cause these darn headaches . be glad when they find the nerve causing them......i started putting together my 3D chain binders i got from Matt Leese on Shapeways . u cant go wrong getting u some.  they the best 3D printed out their.  ck them out and his outer truck parts here..https://www.shapeways.com/shops/downrangeproductions1-35th-scale?li=pb

SAM_3138.JPG

SAM_3139.JPG

SAM_3140.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2021 at 6:11 PM, Chariots of Fire said:

Thanks for posting Matt Leese's website.  He has made tires for me before.   Now I have his info saved where I can get at it.

u welcome Charles.. he made these for me along with other thing on his sale site..hes a good friend and on my Face book truck group. if u on FB come ck out my group.over 15000 members all over the world. Building Big Rigs and Construction Equipment Models

• yh70 changed the title to Westernstar 6900 oilfield bed truck
On 2/4/2021 at 4:29 PM, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

Looks great! What exactly is the black strap material that you used?

sorry it has took a year to answer you. had health issues all last year and have not touch a model since..its called crystal line.. it Elastic Bracelet String Cord for Jewelry Making.. i dont remember where i got it from but probably Amazon or eBay.. it works perfect to simulate rubber under the fuel tank straps..i take a toothpick with a small amount of medium or thick CA (super glue) on it and glue one end to the back side, then stretch it and glue the other end . cut off excess. then with another tooth pick push the cord up against the tank bracket. it should stay in place if u stretched it tight enough, if not a little CA will fix it. i u cant find any and want some i have plenty..send me a message..

DSC04204 (2).JPG

32 minutes ago, yh70 said:

sorry it has took a year to answer you. had health issues all last year and have not touch a model since..its called crystal line.. it Elastic Bracelet String Cord for Jewelry Making.. i dont remember where i got it from but probably Amazon or eBay.. it works perfect to simulate rubber under the fuel tank straps..i take a toothpick with a small amount of medium or thick CA (super glue) on it and glue one end to the back side, then stretch it and glue the other end . cut off excess. then with another tooth pick push the cord up against the tank bracket. it should stay in place if u stretched it tight enough, if not a little CA will fix it. i u cant find any and want some i have plenty..send me a message..

DSC04204 (2).JPG

Thanks so much for the response and the info, but you did answer me a year ago as well. 😀