Model Cars Magazine Forum

Resin Mustang II coupe?

I've been wanting a '74-'77 Mustang II coupe for a while and I found one on Ebay 2 years ago; unfortunately, the woman who had the account got it shut down for not sending out the items that people purchased right after I placed my order. Ebay reimbursed my money fortunately. I know that Mustang Mike used to have them and is now out of business. Kris Morgan at MAD Automotive used to have them, but I learned that the mold is wore out and he is no longer offering them. So I was wondering if anyone else may be offering a '74-'77 Mustang II coupe in resin? I have been doing internet searches with no luck. Thanks, Randy

I’m surprised Chris is no longer offering his. It’s very nice and I thought it would be a decent seller.

Your best bet is to set up a search agent on eBay to find someone reselling one.   Note that the 74 Mustang II has a different nose than the later years, as the first year only offered a 4 or V6, and the nose had to be modified to make room for the V8 in 75 and later. Chris’s is a later car.

Anyway,  if you search resin, Mustang (1974,1975,1976,1977,1978) that would find any resin Mustang for any of these years. eBay will send you an email whenever one gets listed.

14 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

I’m surprised Chris is no longer offering his. It’s very nice and I thought it would be a decent seller.

Your best bet is to set up a search agent on eBay to find someone reselling one.   Note that the 74 Mustang II has a different nose than the later years, as the first year only offered a 4 or V6, and the nose had to be modified to make room for the V8 in 75 and later. Chris’s is a later car.

Anyway,  if you search resin, Mustang (1974,1975,1976,1977,1978) that would find any resin Mustang for any of these years. eBay will send you an email whenever one gets listed.

Thanks for the reply Tom. I've had an ebay search for a resin mustang II for a while. It's been a long time since I saw one. Thanks, Randy

2 hours ago, Kris Morgan said:

I will be bringing the II back. I do not have a definite time frame. Just trying to juggle keeping orders current and, getting some other things in the works.

Thanks for the reply Kris. I'll keep searching your site. I loved the '79 mustang coupe I got from you. I would really enjoy building one of your mustang IIs. Thanks, Randy

• 1 year later...

I'll be happy to go WHERE EVER that little Cobra is and rescue it!!!!!

I did buy a 77 Mustang II coupe that is 3D printed from a seller on ebay. Nice for the $24 I paid. It will need primer and sanding.....but not much different than resin. 

Edited by Dave Van
  • Like 2