Model Cars Magazine Forum

Alrighty then,

I finally tried my first big rig tractor build. My main area of modeling are rc scale ships,  but I enjoy car/truck builds between boat projects. I was looking for a somewhat older type tractor to try, and this kit fit the bill. I knew this was a reissue , and that the fit, and instructions may not be the best; the fit overall was good, but the instructions were somewhat vague for me as I really don't know anything about big rigs. While looking at the photos you will probably find several mistakes (drivers side fuel tank nozzle is backwards ?). My intent was to build a well used, but not destroyed tractor (original frame, body resprayed a couple of times, but starting to show age). Kit was built oob, except for the added chain on the grill guard. Paints were all rattle can, and weathering was washes/pastels. This was a enjoyable build for me, despite not knowing where several items went: the hood hold downs being an example. I went by the photo of the full size tractor. I Will break up the photos in a couple groups. As usual, all comments/criticism/threats are welcome, and encouraged.

Mark

0-2.jpg

0-6.jpg

0-3.jpg

0-7.jpg

0-10.jpg

0-1.jpg

0 (2).jpg

0-3 (1).jpg

Edited by the goon

19 minutes ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

Looks Awesome!! The weathering really makes this one! Great work!

Thanks. Weathering is my favorite part of modeling. Learned something new on this one; mix some vaseline with a small amount of black weathering powder to simulate the grease on the fifth wheel.

Mark

1 hour ago, iamsuperdan said:

Really, really nice. I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I like building trucks, but really know nothing about them.

Thanks. Seen them my whole life, just never became that interested in 1:1 trucks, but like models of them.