Model Cars Magazine Forum

Another One From The Archives: "Big Fat Fannie"....

NitroMarty

This one started as just a "goof", while waiting for the glue to dry on another project, but I liked it so well that it just kinda took on a life of its own

IMG_0686-vi.jpg

IMG_0691-vi.jpg

I mean an altered wheelbase Hudson Hornet.... Who else but twisted lil ol' me would ever dream of such a thing?

IMG_0688-vi.jpg

IMG_0692-vi.jpg

Moebius' Hudson with the wheel openings shoved WAY forward... Paired with a Miss deal chassis, modified with the front axle from a Boot Hill Express kit...

IMG_0697-vi.jpg

Under the hood you'll find a fuel injected Cadillac, kit-bashed using part from several different kits, and set back way under the cowl.

IMG_0708-vi.jpg

The Testors One Coat Pure Gold lacquer and Big Fat Fannie decals, that I whipped up on my computer, really POP in the sun! 

Edited by NitroMarty

Perfect car name. Very creative looking car and all of the finishes look great. I remember a car from many years ago that I think ran in D / Gas that was an early '50's Packard 4 door with a Chevy small block. I think he took first place more than ones. I like off the wall type cars like this.  

On 12/11/2020 at 10:35 AM, espo said:

Perfect car name. Very creative looking car and all of the finishes look great. I remember a car from many years ago that I think ran in D / Gas that was an early '50's Packard 4 door with a Chevy small block. I think he took first place more than ones. I like off the wall type cars like this.  

Dave Koffel's E/Gas winning "Flintstone Flyer" Packard was indeed some of the inspiration for the color I used on this build....

IMG010-vi.jpg

Edited by NitroMarty