Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sons 67 Mustang coupe

gbtr6

Starting on a build to replicate my sons first car, a 67 Mustang coupe. Got it at 16, still has it. He’s 31 now. I got the Motor City Resins coupe trans kit. It looks great. Started on the wheels. They are drag mags from the 60’s. I got some wheels from member 68 short fleet, Jason. I drilled out the windows like my sons. Need to finish paint aluminum. I do need the side vents as the donor I’m using had them glue bombed in. Can’t06096919-C6B3-4142-A0D9-C141359E5CF4.jpeg.f16b624a3664ec5ede88aacda0eceec3.jpeg retrieve them. One question, the resin kit includes interior panels, but the back parts lack detail. Any suggestions? I’ll try to keep up and post progress as I go. 

Perry

image.jpg

image.jpg

2218259C-BD5B-4AB7-9210-324DF80E7C9C.jpeg

It’s cool to build a replica of a family members car.  You may want to get a hold of a complete AMT fastback kit as a donor which should have whatever parts you need.  Typically the panels in the back area would only have a window crank and maybe an ashtray on one side.

• 2 weeks later...

Slow progress. Deciding how to fill in gap between back seat and interior panel. Any suggestions? I'll be seeing the car this week and will take some pictures. I like the color of the exhaust header. It's appliance epoxy stainless steel.

Perry

Mustang Engine 1.jpg

Mustang Engine 2.jpg

Mustang Exhaust Manifold.jpg

Mustang Int.jpg

Mustang Int 2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Little more of an update. Got the MCG detail set and added the door locks, gas cap, fender letters and horses. Built an auto shifter. Also made the rocker trim from evergreen and foil covered. Used the Molotow pen for chrome. Getting there. Am going to see him Friday, so need to get it done to surprise him.

Perry

Mustang Shifter 2.jpg

Mustang door lock.jpg

Mustang fender detail.jpg

Mustang trunck letters.jpg

Mustang grill.jpg

Edited by gbtr6