Model Cars Magazine Forum

Star Wars- X-34 Landspeeder

X-34 Landspeeder

Within the Star Wars universe, speeder is a generic term for any "repulsorcraft" or vehicle which uses anti-gravity repulsorlift technology to hover and fly above a planet's surface.

Landspeeders more specifically use repulsor technology to hover just above the ground, while they cannot achieve any great height they are cheap and fast.

In A New Hope, Luke Skywalker owned one of these nondescript but speedy landspeeders, racing the sand-pocked and sun-faded craft across the desert between the Lars homestead and outposts such as Tosche Station and Anchorhead. 

The X-34’s powerful repulsorlift engine that allows it to float about a meter above the ground, augmented by a trio of air-cooled thrust turbines.

Luke’s speeder was old and battered, and missing the port turbine’s cowling, but tinkering and careful maintenance – essential in the harsh environment of Tatooine – kept it in good working order. 

After the death of his aunt and uncle, Luke sold his speeder in Mos Eisley to help pay for passage to Alderaan.

This kit was released in 2010, about 40 parts, include the C-3PO and Luke figures, they are recognisable but do look a bit too toy-like for me...

In the kit there was a black stand that didn't fit for me, so I made a small diorama out of PVC, with a hint of a sandy surface...

Only blackwashed, here and there more color and a lot of cabling on the turbine...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg