Model Cars Magazine Forum

The 21' Cannonball Ruse build thread

disconovaman

When I opened this kit the exhaust tip had broken off the muffler and I didn't really like it for this build anyway so I drilled a hole in the muffler and used a piece of solder to finish the tail pipe and piece of tubing for the exhaust tip.

772Jjhj.jpg

I also wanted to give the rear a piece of trim under the bumper to help it look more factory so I used a piece of strip styrene cut to the right length.

MY11ZVy.jpg

I sanded a notch in the rear trim for exhaust clearance then painted it flat black. I painted the exhaust tip with some chrome paint then installed everything. I also found a license plate from my spares box.

3hZ8ADa.jpg

This one is in the home stretch, and should be done soon.

Edited by avidinha

2 hours ago, afx said:

Some good looking projects Pat, do you have WIP thread started on them?

Should be on most of them ,  but i started the Woody Magnum about 12 years ago and the others haven't been touched for awhile. The Cannonball and finished builds is about the only thing I post on here anymore.

Edited by Pat Minarick

5 minutes ago, Pat Minarick said:

Should be on most of them ,  but i started the Woody Magnum about 12 years ago and the others haven't been touched for awhile. The Cannonball an finished builds is about the only thing I post on here anymore 

Pat, have you considered joining one of our Bring Out Your Dead group builds? We just started a new round, which ends on June 30. B)

On 4/15/2021 at 11:55 AM, LouO said:

Lots of things on this year, so I'm retiring from this years build.

I'm feeling it too but we still have enough time to get re-interested in the challenge... I'll probably come guns-a-blazing at the end. I've just have too much life happening right now. I am interested in building that 64 Olds convertible though... 😆 

On 4/15/2021 at 6:26 PM, Mattilacken said:

#19 Silverado C5R

I'm in the market for a shop truck and I've been looking for one to buy, this body style is pretty popular on Marketplace... minus all the hard work you have in your build, 😁 it's looking great! I'd like to see a 2007 and up Silverado bodystyle get kitted. I like that bodystyle too.

On 4/13/2021 at 9:58 AM, avidinha said:

The Accord is done. I got the last of the lights in and she's ready to cannonball.

OmFD5xE.jpg

Congrats Andrew on getting your silver stealth machine to the finish line. Those wheels/brakes look badass!

On 4/15/2021 at 11:26 PM, Mattilacken said:

#19 Silverado C5R

The team is making progress on the race truck. They are right now trying to build a dash for the cab.

A6870D57-AF06-42CD-BC0D-B9844A4191DF.jpeg

That's gonna be one mean truck, Anton. A strong contender for the most extensive re-engineering award! 👏

18 hours ago, Pete75 said:

That's gonna be one mean truck, Anton. A strong contender for the most extensive re-engineering award! 👏

The latest thought.. pushrod suspension mod to make the rear suspension more interesting and give the massive tires some more space.31C18F47-4137-4A6C-9852-4C8A7B490272.thumb.jpeg.726b0bbf0058d89d252547855c2693c0.jpeg