Model Cars Magazine Forum

2019 Corvette C7 GS Heritage -- Major Kit Bash

AJM

Since a 1/25 scale model kit of the C7 Grand Sport does not exist --this was a major kitbash using the 2016 Revell C7 Stingray kit as the base, cut out the rear fenders and rocker panels of the Revell C7R, for the 'wide body' rear fenders. Cut out all vents, grill openings and used bits from a 1/24 Maisto C7 Z06, cup wheels from Plazmos, spoiler and ground effects from C1 models, 'black' corvette badging from Speedway decals and paint is Automotive Touchup, Arctic White and Carbon Flash Black center stripe, 'hash' fender stripes are Mecha Acrylic Gunmetal, all cleared with AT 1K Clearcoat --rubbed out and polished. You can follow the build chronology on the 'WIP' section.

I've also included a picture of the car that was my inspiration.

So here's some pictures(I still need to work on my photography skills) of the finished model -- appreciate any comments,

thx

Al

IMG_1475.jpg

IMG_2117.jpg

IMG_2134.jpg

IMG_2138.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

First off , thx for all the kind words and comments, they are much appreciated. After looking at the build , the right rear wheel looked to be protruding about 1mm too far out -- so that was really bothering me, so i did some surgery and had to cut the wheel off(they were epoxied on- I thought they were set properly), and sanded down the inside of the wheel hub and now I think it looks much better. So here are a few more pictures I took, while still on the bench --I think these pictures look better as well --so Happy Holidays to everyone and thanx for viewing!

Al

IMG_2161.jpg

IMG_2171.jpg