Model Cars Magazine Forum

1950 Chevrolet 3100... Times 2...

Lil back story...

My Dad learned to drive in my Pa's 53 Chevy. 20 some odd years ago, my dad bought the Amt glue kit for me to build a reasonable replica. I did it... Definitely not my best work... And over the years, it's fell apart and really has been an eye sore to me... Even though he loved it.

Also, my mom has always wanted a Christmas truck for decoration. But never had been able to find what she wanted... 

This year, I've been on a truck kick... I've built a few weathered farm trucks early in the year. And decided to try and knock out 2 more. 

The first is my dad's new replacement. Taken from the AMT snapkit, with a couple items I had let's from a glue kit for detail.

1317877461_Screenshot_20201213-1947472.png.7cfa06c6c9ce0b65b10b56d59fde6bc5.png

Next my mom's long wanted Christmas truck. Also an AMT snapkit with a wreath and tree to boot.

722945099_Screenshot_20201213-1947402.png.08cece7f13834fd2b0af0cdc5b6915c2.png

Pretty tickled with how the turned out... And an added bonus, the parentals seemed to love them. My mom's is sitting in front of the TV.

As always, thanks for looking... On to the next.

4 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

Looks great! Early this year I built three of these.. a glue kit and two of the snappers with logos for a local restaurant. 

It’s interesting to see the similarities and differences between the glue and snap kits!

Thank ya much.

I've seen those. Your 3100s are great Tom.

3 minutes ago, KWT said:

Thank ya much.

I've seen those. Your 3100s are great Tom.

Thank you!

And one more similarity.. all our pickups were built to give away! Gift models are the best!

B3C8F58E-DA88-4B43-B5A6-A212D76EA894.thumb.jpeg.e8b21ee27ecf10e0311bfb3dc84efa45.jpeg

Both of yours would look great next to each other for Christmas! Here’s a photo I took last week

• 3 weeks later...