Model Cars Magazine Forum

All New Tool big rig from AMT !!!!!

Mr mopar

8 minutes ago, Bennyg said:

? looking forward to this! I’m guessing the positive results from the rereleases has caused them to look at taking a chance to do a new big rig. 

Ben

The news must have made Youtube crash!  Well, Youtube "crashed" this Monday 14 dec 2020 at 7:55.

2 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

I sure hope not !!

Wouldn't be the worst thing, considering their target market, but that would stretch the definition of "all new". It would almost have to be based upon the existing Ford C-series kit, so I tend to think that is not what Jamie was talking about.

IMHO, it would make more sense for Round2 to create an all-new kit of a vintage subject, considering they have multiple vintage style trailers in their tooling inventory, too. Maybe the International Transtar cabover is coming back in a new form...

4 hours ago, Daddyfink said:

Why can't they do a video like this for the car guys? 

They did when they covered the '70 Camaro and Pro Stock Vega...and mentioned the mystery wagon kit.

Jamie Hood is the sci-fi expert at Round2, and he admitted in the video the automotive side of the kit business is not really his area of expertise, but that an automotive model-centric video may follow.

Maybe once they have more news to share and things to show that video will happen, possibly including another all-star guest appearance from one of our north-of-the-border members? ?

Edited by Casey

I sure hope it is not a Freightliner or Western Star. They are mediocre trucks, sold mostly to fleets, on Price only. After having them in our fleet, I saw just how much downtime they accumulated for Warranty Repairs. It was a constant drip-drip-drip, of  lost time and money due to both major and minor issues.

The company actually saved money by swapping out more expensive Kenworth's and Peterbilt's for the Freightliners, just because they stayed on the road so much longer between repair visits. A true case of spending money to save money. 

I watched it again, and like Casey posted above, he doesn’t necessarily say that it’s a “new” kit, or new tooling. It might be implied, by saying it’s a “big rig development in the works”. I’m trying not to get my hopes up about something completely new - but it’s exciting regardless of it being new or a highly anticipated reissue with new parts and updated tooling. I will be happy either way, I’m sure.

Edited by vincen47