Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2021 releases

GeeBee

6 hours ago, lordairgtar said:

Oh! Me too. Now I don't think those were ever sold in the US to our farmers but I have the Porsche, the Duetz-Allis...and the Heller Fergie. I will gladly buy any tractors they deem saleable. Maybe a US version  like an International, Ford, or Deere would be considered by Revell.

It seems that Revell are going through the back catalogue of classic German tractor manufacturers, and they have plenty to choose from. 

52 minutes ago, GeeBee said:

It seems that Revell are going through the back catalogue of classic German tractor manufacturers, and they have plenty to choose from. 

It’d make me very happy if they’d make a Lamborghini.. they look so cool and come in nice colours, too...

https://www.classicdriver.com/en/car/lamborghini/tractor/1960/693081

best,

M.

19 hours ago, CabDriver said:

Oh really?  That's a bummer - I expected it to probably be delayed somewhat what with all the 'rona stuff but I hadn't read anything to suggest it was unlikely to be re-released.  What did you hear?

No, not really. Don't be bummed. There's leaked box art, and multiple reliable sources (including an official Revell USA rep) that says it should be out in 2021

Of course, if you really want to build a 30 coupe, Drag city Castings offers an improved 30 Coupe body that you can bash with the current Revell 29 A roadster kit

Edited by Mr. Metallic

10 minutes ago, dbostream said:

Doesn't say NEW TOOL on any of the kits. I wonder if there are no completely new tools next year or are they yet to be announced...

The tractor is a new tool, the XK-E convertible is a variation of a new tool, the VW camper is a variation of a new tool that isn't out yet....

19 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

The tractor is a new tool, the XK-E convertible is a variation of a new tool, the VW camper is a variation of a new tool that isn't out yet....

So only the tractor that is completely new? I hope there is more that is not announced yet.

The 68 LM GT 40 is the 68 and 69 LM winning chassis. It’s a modified Mk 1. Fujimi issued a few times. Don’t recall RG release ever. 
Chassis 1075. Minimal differences 68-69 if you’re not GT/LM obsessed. 
Great kit have both issues 68-69 that Fujimi released. A few issues by them. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Metallic said:

No, not really. Don't be bummed. There's leaked box art, and multiple reliable sources (including an official Revell USA rep) that says it should be out in 2021

Of course, if you really want to build a 30 coupe, Drag city Castings offers an improved 30 Coupe body that you can bash with the current Revell 29 A roadster kit

Good news!

Still curious what that white rectangle where the roof insert should go is all about...I assume the art just isn't finished unless they're putting some factory-esque wooden framework or something in there

Note that there is no interior detail - seat back, door panels, headliner, etc. Probably details that haven't been completely worked out yet, thus the illustration has 'place holder' areas awaiting final approvals. 

My three cents worth (inflation) guesstimation.

??

2 hours ago, dbostream said:

So only the tractor that is completely new? I hope there is more that is not announced yet.

The 911s will be new, the only ones that RevellAG has direct access to, presuming they even exist anymore, are 1/25 scale and none are the right model to replicate what the list says. 

There have been only four 911s released in 1/24 in a Revell box. The '85 Targa was a reboxed Fujimi kit, the Gembella Avalanche was a Fujimi kit with Revell parts added, and the 911 Turbo & Slant Nose Cabriolet are U.S. spec 911s based on older Monogram tools. 

Edited by niteowl7710

4 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

The 911s will be new, the only ones that RevellAG has direct access to, presuming they even exist anymore, are 1/25 scale and none are the right model to replicate what the list says. 

There have been only four 911s released in 1/24 in a Revell box. The '85 Targa was a reboxed Fujimi kit, the Gembella Avalanche was a Fujimi kit with Revell parts added, and the 911 Turbo & Slant Nose Cabriolet are U.S. spec 911s based on older Monogram tools. 

I don't get it. Why not do an accurate and more detailed 964 or 993?  The Fujimi Enthusiast series are perfectly fine for this generation of 911 (https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/history/porsche-911-seven-generations-part-2-g-model-16459.html). Maybe they're working their way up in time. 

Edited by BVC500

4 hours ago, BVC500 said:

I don't get it. Why not do an accurate and more detailed 964 or 993?  The Fujimi Enthusiast series are perfectly fine for this generation of 911 (https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/history/porsche-911-seven-generations-part-2-g-model-16459.html). Maybe they're working their way up in time. 

The only G Series 911 Fujimi makes - if they're as pedantic about specifics as they were with that German only '68 Beetle - is the '74 Carrera RS. The G Series is specifically the 1974 model.  Even if they aren't THAT year specific there still isn't a regular 911 between the '69 and the 1985 kits (as both the 73 and 74 kits are Renn Sports) and the only Targas are the 911 Carrera and 911 Turbo 1985 kits.

Might not be ground breaking, but there's plenty of wiggle room in there to produce kits that don't exist currently. 

On 12/14/2020 at 11:13 PM, RichCostello said:

Be careful, saying things like that will get you beat up for being a 1/25 scale snob(like me).

It's not really being a 1/25 scale snob, it's just what I prefer.  1/24 is fully catered to by Tamiya and others.  What we need is more new tooling in 1/25.  Revell was making serious inroads into that scale before the Hobbico implosion and then the consolidation of operations back to Germany.  Hopefully, their U.S. arm will offer more 1/25 scale subjects, but the decisions will have to come from Germany.   

2 minutes ago, the other Mike S. said:

It's not really being a 1/25 scale snob, it's just what I prefer.  1/24 is fully catered to by Tamiya and others.  What we need is more new tooling in 1/25.  Revell was making serious inroads into that scale before the Hobbico implosion and then the consolidation of operations back to Germany.  Hopefully, their U.S. arm will offer more 1/25 scale subjects, but the decisions will have to come from Germany.   

I couldn't agree more!

On 12/15/2020 at 4:12 AM, Matt Bacon said:

It’d make me very happy if they’d make a Lamborghini.. they look so cool and come in nice colours, too...

https://www.classicdriver.com/en/car/lamborghini/tractor/1960/693081

best,

M.

It would be sooo funny if a magazine (or website) would put a big caption blurb on the cover "Porsche vs. Lamborghini in an all out Speed Contest!"

And then show these. ???

11 minutes ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

It would be sooo funny if a magazine (or website) would put a big caption blurb on the cover "Porsche vs. Lamborghini in an all out Speed Contest!"

And then show these. ???

Seems like something Car & Driver would have done "back in the day" for the April issue......