Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford Falcon Builds - post yours

afx

• 1 month later...

Wow, a lot of GREAT Falcon models in this thread! Very inspiring! Well done, everyone!

At the moment, I only have one built, this gassy thing I did in 1969 when the kit was new. It's probably about due for a restoration, with maybe a little "rescue," but it will remain a time capsule of my teen skills. Maybe I'll get to it this year. 

69Falcon1.JPG.ecdfe2561f288860b150a0af8b4359df.JPG

69Falcon2.JPG.31250c869fa4773cb6a351470d628f13.JPG

Here's one currently sentenced to the Shelf of Doom, a rebuild of a glue bomb AWB funny I started a couple years ago. If I can decide on paint and markings, it probably wouldn't take too much to drag it across the finish line. Possible BOYD candidate for this year? We'll see....

65FalconFCGB02.jpg.d49bdb499916211ca2f02564ea85864d.jpg

65FalconFCGB47.jpg.b80b3dd334f9c91ccb5e822306356095.jpg

Here's a new project I just got last week, a glue bomb '68 I'm hoping to take back to stock. I've now disassembled it (got the glass out without breaking it) and stripped the body. Except for the hogged out rear wheel openings, the body now looks absolutely pristine. I have a pair of stock seats coming, and I found a source for the taillights and bezels. Now I need to come up with a rear bumper and a hood. 

68Falcon02.jpg.2c72fa0f66433d871488ca14c1b384e3.jpg

This week I scored an eBay "Falcon junkyard" that seems to have enough parts to get three '66-'67 models of some sort out of it. Eagerly awaiting its delivery. B)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

Here's a new project I just got last week, a glue bomb '68 I'm hoping to take back to stock. I've now disassembled it (got the glass out without breaking it) and stripped the body. Except for the hogged out rear wheel openings, the body now looks absolutely pristine. I have a pair of stock seats coming, and I found a source for the taillights and bezels. Now I need to come up with a rear bumper and a hood. 

68Falcon02.jpg.2c72fa0f66433d871488ca14c1b384e3.jpg

This week I scored an eBay "Falcon junkyard" that seems to have enough parts to get three '66-'67 models of some sort out of it. Eagerly awaiting its delivery. B)

That '68 with the butchered wheel wells looks like a lot of work.  I'll take it off your hands since you have another cauldron of Falcons already on the way.:)

Edited by afx

24 minutes ago, afx said:

That '68 with the butchered wheel wells looks like a lot of work.  I'll take it off your hands since you have another cauldron of Falcons already on the way.:)

Thanks for the kind offer, but I have a plan for it. The idea is a phantom '68 Falcon GT. In 1968, someone at Ford should have woken up and realized that they had been completely ignoring the sporty compact market while Chevy and Dodge were continuing to sell buttloads of Nova SSs and Dart Sports, respectively. 

• 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, Plowboy said:

I have one of these in the project pile that I used the chassis and underhood detail from a '66 Fairlane. But, that was as far as I got with it. 

I'm debating about how far to take the project.  I would like to have a nice engine bay at least.  Do you have any photos you can share Roger?

2 hours ago, afx said:

I'm debating about how far to take the project.  I would like to have a nice engine bay at least.  Do you have any photos you can share Roger?

No, I don't. I can dig it out and shoot a couple if you want.

• 2 months later...

Love all the Falcons.  I really need to get one.  About 2 years ago I was on the hunt for a 63 1/2 1:1 and found this one that was painted Glacier Blue but missed out as it sold very quickly.  

s-l1600.jpg

I ended up getting a VERY thorough/nicely detailed diecast funny car cheap at a junk shop, but since I cant stand modern funny car bodies, I had to try a few different bodies on it, the falcon won so far. The plan is to eventually extend the body once I find a few more bodies

funny falcon.jpg

• 3 weeks later...