Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dyno Don Maverick-1 Year Project-Finished!!

mustang1989

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2021 at 9:39 AM, Brudda said:

I really love maverick‘s . Your build is fantastic. I saw this car run. Can still hear it off the line. Cool and really nice build!!!!!!!

Thanks Bruce!! I would've given about anything to see that car run in real life. Awesome that you got to see and hear her.

On 1/12/2021 at 11:33 AM, larman said:

Outstanding job! Top notch work from top to bottom! Love the engine detail and that awesome shifter!

Thank ya Larry!! That shifter dang near killed me off from building models. I took around a 3 month break from this thing after that part.

On 1/14/2021 at 12:51 PM, 3men2s said:

WELLLLLLLLLLL DONE!!

'Preciate it Dan! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2021 at 6:32 PM, Brutalform said:

Wow... Joe, I can’t believe I missed this under glass. I haven’t been on the board lately. Your work on this build is absolutely beautiful. Well done my friend. 

Really appreciate the comments Tom!! 

On 2/3/2021 at 9:38 PM, Kromolly said:

Looks great.  I agree with others, we need a Maverick release.  But you've set the bar really high, Joe.

For what it's worth I emailed Round 2 but have yet to get an answer on a release of either a new kit or a re-pop of the Jo-Han kit. I may never hear anything back but it was worth a try I guess. Thank you for your very kind comments Roy.

On 2/4/2021 at 12:01 AM, 89AKurt said:

I can't add any unique holy cow that's amazing comment.  That shifter is outstanding, the sort of scratch-building that catches my eye.

Thanks Kurt. That shifter was dang near the end of my modeling career. lol

On 2/8/2021 at 6:18 AM, Modlbldr said:

What a masterful build! So much detail in this build. I could examine it for hours. I love the engine and interior work! You have done an amazing job on it all.

Later-

'Preciate you stoppin' in to take a look and for the comments Tom.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/2/2021 at 7:33 AM, Old Coyote said:

Amazing, simply amazing. One of the best models I have ever seen. Don't know how I missed this one, but I am absolutely intrigued by it now.

Sorry about the late reply John. Thanks a million for the great comment buddy.