Model Cars Magazine Forum

On 5/15/2021 at 9:41 PM, TransAmMike said:

Looking better and better Joe👌

Thanks Mike! 

On 5/17/2021 at 1:35 AM, bisc63 said:

So nice. I'm having Messerschmidt envy.

Rusty....you know what to do.....spacer.png

Finished up with all the decaling this morning. Now.....for the not so good news. How in the world I managed to get the stabilizers painted wrong...I just don't know. Painted the bottoms with the topside color and vise versa. Currently stripping the paint from both of them and a re-do will be in progress on those.IFDlK8

347sfo.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got the washes on and went with a friends advice and applied a light colored wash on this and then gradually worked my way to darker washes on the sides and then a dark wash topside.

Bottom side pic:

YOxCQU.jpg

and then I ended up going with my dull coat all over the whole bird. Got some subtle weathering, soot signatures from the guns and some silvering to do around the access panels and the painting / weathering process will be done. Then its off to landing gear, canopy and finishing bits....

JFQe1O.jpg

Edited by mustang1989

• 2 weeks later...

Been a bit since I've been in here. Lots happening here at home these days. LOTS!!!

This will most likely be my last update till she's finished which aint all that far away. Still got the canopy to paint and install, gun bay panels to open up, aerial antennae and last little details to install. She's now on her feet.

The plane looks great Joe, all your work on the paint job is paying off my friend!

There's less latitude or room for improvisation when the subject you're working on is part of the story, and what's more, you turn out to be an outstanding modeler capable of creating gems on the racetrack or on the tarmac! 👌😉

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

The plane looks great Joe, all your work on the paint job is paying off my friend!

There's less latitude or room for improvisation when the subject you're working on is part of the story, and what's more, you turn out to be an outstanding modeler capable of creating gems on the racetrack or on the tarmac! 👌😉

Thanks Francis! I am looking forward to getting this one done. May do another aircraft in the near future as I'm feeling a little more comfortable in my own skin with painting these days.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trying to make somewhat of a comeback as of late. Hobby time has been divided up into time spent on my bathroom renovation project as well as other household projects in addition to time spent on our vehicles.

Then.....pretty much out of the blue this past week a very good friend of mine, Tommy Flournoy, had been in the hospital back and forth from the ICU to a step down room over the course of the last few months with lung issues that Covid had left him with. This is a guy who never got sick, never been to the hospital or even to the doctor for any concerns. He was doing alright through it all and looked like he was finally headed in the right direction and then all of a sudden it took a turn for the worst on last Monday. He passed away two days later on Wed. afternoon. One of the hardest things I've ever had to witness was his wife telling the kids after we drove her home. One of the very best men that I've ever met with a magnetic personality and you just couldn't help but to like him. What a loss to anyone who knows him and a total train wreck to those of us who were close. I'm a spiritual guy and know these things happen but somehow....this one here caught me off guard. Went to the funeral this past weekend and there were just as many laughs as there were tears. A really good send off for a REALLY good man.

There's no question in my mind where he's really at right now and he's doing a whole lot better. His family and everyone else is sure gonna miss the guy down here though.

A pic taken late last year....

i7pq0J.jpg

Edited by mustang1989

16 hours ago, bisc63 said:

So sorry to hear about such a loss. These things jar us back to reality, and remind us to LIVE every day. Support your friend's family, they'll need you.

Thanks Rusty. We're going over to provide a meal for his family tonight and to check in on them. And yessir....you're right. It reminds us of what's REALLY important in this life.

Edited by mustang1989