Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Recommended Posts

Alrighty then,

Thought I'd try something simple;  the AMT 1925 model T roadster, with the pickup option. Kit went together well, really easy assembly. I decided to go with the pickup bed, and add a load to it. All went well with the build. I mounted the model to my base, and then I dropped it ?. It went back kinda ok, but the hood/grill was wonky.  Anyway, I went ahead and finished it up by adding a resin 1/24th scale unpainted pot belly stove I found on the net. Paints are rattle can, and weathering is washes/pastels. Base is a photo copy of a pot belly stove ad I also found on the net . I had fun with this build (till I dropped it), but glad I finished it. As usual, all comments/criticism/threats are welcome, and encouraged.

0 (2).jpg

0-1.jpg

0-2.jpg

0-3.jpg

0-4.jpg

0-5.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

Nice work! I like the stove.. less than five bucks too!

The resin stove replica probably cost more than that!

Very nice build, Mark.

??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys. Weathering is my favorite part of modeling. There's always a fine line between doing enough weathering to be seen, and too much sometime.

Mark

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sixties Sam said:

Very cool! The stove is a nice addition. Weathering is good, not overdone. Nice!

Sam

 

10 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Nice work! I like the stove.. less than five bucks too!

 

10 hours ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

I like it! The weathering looks great! I really like the stove!

 

1 hour ago, PappyD340 said:

Excellent build, looks great!

 

1 hour ago, ChrisR said:

VERY NICE!!

 

50 minutes ago, TarheelRick said:

Very nice work, as the other have commented your weathering is exactly right.

Oops, ment to add this to the above comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great job, I love the weathering. I'm a sucker for the Model T and yours tells a little story with the weathered look & old pot belly stove.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mchook said:

Great job, I love the weathering. I'm a sucker for the Model T and yours tells a little story with the weathered look & old pot belly stove.

Thanks. I like to use a base that says something about the look/feel of the model I've built.

Mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the well used finish on this. The stove fits in perfectly especially with the advert under the display.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, espo said:

I like the well used finish on this. The stove fits in perfectly especially with the advert under the display.  

Thanks. Part of the fun is finding the right ad/picture/photo for the base.

Mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great work, especially the subtle weathering.  Creating subtle weathering is something I often struggle with.  

I found the die-cast model below (cheap!) at a local flea market and had to have it.  For one thing, it's a 1922 Studebaker truck in 1/24 scale, which is not likely to ever be released as a plastic kit.  And for another, it has that big Lennox furnace sitting in the bed.  It's made by Crown Premiums and is pretty easily found on eBay, if anybody wants one.

crown-1920_stude.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mike999 said:

Great work, especially the subtle weathering.  Creating subtle weathering is something I often struggle with.  

I found the die-cast model below (cheap!) at a local flea market and had to have it.  For one thing, it's a 1922 Studebaker truck in 1/24 scale, which is not likely to ever be released as a plastic kit.  And for another, it has that big Lennox furnace sitting in the bed.  It's made by Crown Premiums and is pretty easily found on eBay, if anybody wants one.

crown-1920_stude.jpg

Thanks. Thats a very cool die-cast. Another great idea for a model.

Mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love it! My grandfather had a Model TT (one ton model T) flatbed and a couple of old wood stoves like that- he could have done a 1:1 scale diorama of your model. :)  And while this kit may be fragile when dropped, just be glad it wasn't a Heller Ferguson. Those things explode...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chuck Most said:

Love it! My grandfather had a Model TT (one ton model T) flatbed and a couple of old wood stoves like that- he could have done a 1:1 scale diorama of your model. :)  And while this kit may be fragile when dropped, just be glad it wasn't a Heller Ferguson. Those things explode...

Thanks. I keep thinking I'd like to own a model T (we have 2 classic cars now), but then I watch Youtube on how to start, and drive one, and then think I'd just like to take a ride in one.

Mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2021 at 5:06 AM, BeakDoc said:

Nicely done!

Thanks.

Mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...