Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dodge (Color me Gone) Promod

Hello modeler and builders, this is my current project, I've been working on this beast for the las couple weeks, the body i really don't know where it coming from, but my friend told me is from Canada, very soft resin, easy to work, using a chassis parts and engine from the 58 Plymouth Christine promod kit, wheels and tires are from the part box, blower and hat is from competition resin, hope you guys like it.

y4HowET.jpg

V7rAnpV.jpg

V7rAnpV.jpg

wWEFik2.jpg

FloyrA0.jpg

9NNmWzX.jpg

15 hours ago, PappyD340 said:

Looks wickedĀ so far!

Thank you Larry

Ā 

13 hours ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

It's definitely not a common body for a Promod car but it's super cool and different!Ā Ā  Very mean looking car, you heading in a very interresting direction Marcos, I like that!

Thanks Francis, i like those type of projects, lucky me i went to a friend house and he was saling a lot of he stuff that he's not going to build, i mentioned to him i wanted to do a Pormod this year and he said (Uh i have something you probably like) and we staring to talk about this project and i stopped almost everything on my benchĀ to work on this one, super fun so far, just love it

Ā 

Here's my latest scratch build, using Styrene rods #222, futurattraction wheelie bars wheels and mesh, added some carbon fiber decal from scale motorsport and turns out really cool for this project, 92" wheelie bars set...

lF352TV.jpg

tQ4HcVW.jpg

LX1ZwPD.jpg

uwDK57N.jpg

quzQerB.jpg

9TfDmO4.jpg

On 12/21/2020 at 10:49 AM, AmericanMuscleFan said:

This long wheelbase car deserves a long wheelie bar kit!Ā  Very well done and nice attention to detail Marcos!

I always thought the same, the look killer like that, thanks for the comment my friend

12 hours ago, Ian McLaren said:

Great concept, excellent workmanship!

Thank you Ian

4 hours ago, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Marcos!

Unusual and impressive. Keep on!

CT

I like those builds, thanks CT

7 hours ago, charlie libby said:

hi marcos great idea very different and interesting.i have a friend i tryon north carolina that owns an original color me gone car .one hundred precent original. can not wait to see yours in color

that awesome, i wish i have some picx of those cars, i want to do the replica of the original, to put it next to this one, can you ask your friend to send some details picx so i can work on those

14 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

Great job so far.Im a huge pro mod fan.Please keep the pictures coming.

Thank youĀ 

Thank you Ron, i love all straight line Drag cars, but this ones, make me go crazy LOL, i got the chassis already painted, i'm goin g to add some decals and the clear it, i'll be posting those next week

11 hours ago, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Marcos!

I was never able to examine the Christine chassis... In your experience, how does-it compare with other kits you have experienced? Any critique?

CT

Thanks CT, this is my first chassis batching, i haven't try other then this one so far, the other chassis work thatĀ i have in my collection is full scratch build and i prefer to do those a lot moreĀ 

10 hours ago, Tortuga Kustomz said:

Thank you Ron, i love all straight line Drag cars, but this ones, make me go crazy LOL, i got the chassis already painted, i'm goin g to add some decals and the clear it, i'll be posting those next week

Thanks CT, this is my first chassis batching, i haven't try other then this one so far, the other chassis work thatĀ i have in my collection is full scratch build and i prefer to do those a lot moreĀ 

Hi Marcos!

Thanks for the reply. LiKe you, I prefer to scratch-build, so I certainly understand.

I know many praised the Monogram chassis, and rightfully so! The Revell 55/57 Pro-Mod chassis is also very well done.Ā 

Keep on, you have my full attention.Hapy holidays to you!

CT

On 12/25/2020 at 10:37 AM, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Marcos!

Thanks for the reply. LiKe you, I prefer to scratch-build, so I certainly understand.

I know many praised the Monogram chassis, and rightfully so! The Revell 55/57 Pro-Mod chassis is also very well done.Ā 

Keep on, you have my full attention.Hapy holidays to you!

CT

Ā 

On 12/26/2020 at 7:09 AM, Codi said:

Love the attention to the details you put into the wheelie bars Marcos.Ā  Really sweet to see what you captured.Ā  This will be fun to watch as well. cheers, tim

Ā 

On 12/26/2020 at 6:02 PM, DrKerry said:

Very koolĀ 

Ā 

On 12/26/2020 at 7:33 PM, Bills72sj said:

Way cool! Following.

Ā 

Thanks Everyone, this project have a lot to do and make a lot of modifications already...

For the front suspensions i remove the upper mount and the lower arms so i can add some PE and later can scratch build my absorber shucks springs.

SZXbGwf.jpg

K2e0xwO.jpg

PhKmsP8.jpg

ThenĀ i scratch build a fuel valve for the blower hat, i think i got that pretty close LOL

YeXRxPM.jpg

W9KN642.jpg

IJ0MAIe.jpg

MDxnMMC.jpg

Then i primed and painted the chassis with Brig Red so i can keep the Color me Gone original colors on the interior, now i need to add some decals and put some clear to it and start putting some extra details.

2WZvcjc.jpg

sELQjmc.jpg

l3mWAME.jpg

z0QhtOz.jpg

dna1ZTs.jpg

NOTE: i paint this even thou i couldn't because I'm on a apartment and i don't like to shout paint in doors because is winter time here MASS so don't do this like i did, NOT good for the environmentĀ 

Ā 

Good fabrication on the fuel valve and the suspension mounts Marcos! Ā  Before I came back to live in my current house, I also lived in an apartment (for 20 years) and my painting sessions always came in the winter so I had to do good ventilation by opening all the windows when I was done.Ā  You remind me of memories... with my toque and my winter coat in the living room! ?

13 hours ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Good fabrication on the fuel valve and the suspension mounts Marcos! Ā  Before I came back to live in my current house, I also lived in an apartment (for 20 years) and my painting sessions always came in the winter so I had to do good ventilation by opening all the windows when I was done.Ā  You remind me of memories... with my toque and my winter coat in the living room! ?

LOL i can imagen that, when my kids are not around that how i do it, put my coat and spray in the kitchen, but always with all the windows open, after that couple candles make the trick

On 1/4/2021 at 2:08 PM, NYLIBUD said:

Looks great so far.Just curious,where did u get the wheels on the wheelie bars?

Thanks Ron, i get those from Ted's Modeling Market Place, basically all my hard to get aftermarket parts are from there, the rest are from my local hobby store

On 1/5/2021 at 9:04 AM, Ian McLaren said:

Tremendous jobĀ 

Thanks Ian

7 hours ago, misterNNL said:

Outstanding project! I applaud your body style choice and attention to details. I love the attitude the side shots reveal in your photos. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you Tom, i'm pretty exited for this project, i've been looking fo rreference pictures and info aspect everywhere basically for this one