Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cadillac Eldorado 1976. Last built of 2020.

Jeffcad

Hi guys !

Here's my last built of the year. The '76 Eldorado is the last official convertible by Cadillac, and I've made this one from the JoHan's Coupe. New paint, trims, wheels, WWs, detailed interior.... I'll give her a better and more accurate hard boot cover next spring. Hope you'll like it.

IM8A6448.JPG

IM8A6444.JPG

IM8A6443.JPG

IM8A6458.JPG

IM8A6453.JPG

IM8A6456.JPG

• Like 1

Wow! That is stunning. I have an appreciation for these Eldos and the color choice is perfect. I like all the interior detail on the door panels and I'd like to do the same as I have two of the "Rancher" kits. 

And I just realized the pin striping looks perfect. 

Edited by AMT68

There are not enough models of Cadillacs. They epitomised what the American car was and what the rest of the world wanted to be. I know these Eldos get some bad press but there was nothing in the whole wide world like them and never will be. 

You have built a beautiful representation of FWD Eldo and you have my utmost respect!

On 12/20/2020 at 5:25 PM, Rockford said:

There are not enough models of Cadillacs. They epitomised what the American car was and what the rest of the world wanted to be. I know these Eldos get some bad press but there was nothing in the whole wide world like them and never will be. 

You have built a beautiful representation of FWD Eldo and you have my utmost respect!

Hello Stephen, thank you very much. I totally agree with you. It's unfortunately not the golden age for kits and promos anymore. Younger generation have moved on from the love of cars and building kits, so the offer nowadays isn't what is was a few decades ago. As a "Cadillac only" collector, how much I would love to see 1970s Cadillac Coupes or Sedans to be made, in fact, to see what Jo-Han has never produced... I don't think manufacturers will invest money into these models no more, Cadillacs or not. Revell's just into Cadillac lowriders or customs, no stock versions anymore. Maybe the 3d printing era will bring back a few of these original boats.. Thanks again !.

Edited by Jeffcad