Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/72 Scale Trans Global Airlines 707

On 12/21/2020 at 1:53 PM, Craig said:

This is a Pro Scale Boeing 707 done in the Trans Global Airlines livery from the 1970 movie Airport. I began this kit in the mid 90s, but got stalled when I couldn't replicate the airline font that runs down the fuselage, so it sat collecting dust. Finally, I found a company that produced a complete set of decals, earlier this fall I did a complete 'restoration' of my original build. And I'm pretty happy with the results!????IMG_20201022_155254_536.jpg.006ec32b9078bcb4807164b8bcae145f.jpg

Whoa! Fantastic! I thought first pic was a movie still until I saw the second. I have the Heller version and drew up my own decals 20 years ago for Northwest Airlines livery. They were printed on an early Alps and quality was very poor so it's sat unfinished since then. 

My skills have improved since then I would have to restore some things, but from what I remember it's actually a pretty good kit. Thanks for sharing.

16 hours ago, Lunajammer said:

Whoa! Fantastic! I thought first pic was a movie still until I saw the second. I have the Heller version and drew up my own decals 20 years ago for Northwest Airlines livery. They were printed on an early Alps and quality was very poor so it's sat unfinished since then. 

My skills have improved since then I would have to restore some things, but from what I remember it's actually a pretty good kit. Thanks for sharing.

Hey! Thanks! It is a good kit, some minor issues here and there, but nothing too bad. I had fun restoring and finally finishing this build, I couldn't be happier with the results! Hope you restore yours, it would be awesome to see!????

When I was deployed to Macedonia in 1999-2000, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs Of Staff, General Hugh Shelton, visited the base. That guy had a lot of rank, responsibility, and clout. He showed up in a 707. That’s a whole lotta plane. 

On 1/10/2021 at 9:19 AM, LDO said:

When I was deployed to Macedonia in 1999-2000, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs Of Staff, General Hugh Shelton, visited the base. That guy had a lot of rank, responsibility, and clout. He showed up in a 707. That’s a whole lotta plane. 

Thanks for sharing! I still think the 707 is a fantastic looking airplane!????

Edited by Craig

You’re welcome. I don’t remember what markings were on the plane, but it was all white and the pylons had rearward facing ECM pods. They looked like cylinders faired into the back end of the pylon, with that pink/purple glass on the back end. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...