Model Cars Magazine Forum

HOK pre thinned airbrush candy paint

Got to agree with John the smell, well lets just say I would rather pickup the dog poop,which I do very other day I used the Organ Green Candy just once and it stunk up the whole house. John is right it sprays really great right out of the bottle. Wife's orders NEVER USE THAT BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH IN THE HOUSE AGAIN.

My buddy gave me the green after he spent over a hundred and fifty bucks for the set. He got the same orders from his wife. That's after our wife's got together and talked about it. Now we are allowed to use that kind of paint in the garage only with the door open. Pretty hard to do in Iowa. guess we wait for summer.

Jeff

1 hour ago, John Pol said:

You have to use there silver or gold under the candy`s

No, you don't have to. You can use any color you like under them and get different effects. 

I used metallic pink as a base on the red truck and metallic light blue base on the blue one. 

Using a light metallic of the same color under the candy makes it easier to get even coverage without light and dark blotches or streaks.

steve's pics 397

IMG 2076

You can also use different colors as a base and get different colors in the end.

Say, if you used a metallic red as a base for a candy blue you'd end up with a purple or a metallic blue under a candy yellow would give you a green.

see what I mean?

On 12/24/2020 at 5:44 AM, Can-Con said:

No, you don't have to. You can use any color you like under them and get different effects. 

I used metallic pink as a base on the red truck and metallic light blue base on the blue one. 

Using a light metallic of the same color under the candy makes it easier to get even coverage without light and dark blotches or streaks.

steve's pics 397

IMG 2076

You can also use different colors as a base and get different colors in the end.

Say, if you used a metallic red as a base for a candy blue you'd end up with a purple or a metallic blue under a candy yellow would give you a green.

see what I mean?

I like the advice about using a light coloured metallic close to the shade of the desired candy paint as a base coat - I'll give that a try.