Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hello from Siberia

vi.siba

Hi everyone, I am a freshman here. Came across  this forum when I was searching info about Corvette C7  (It's going to be first car model in my collection).

I was looking for a good auto forum for a long time, because there's only one russian (and it's hard to call it "alive" [according to chatter's activity :wacko: ]). I'm realy interested in communication with modelers from around the world.

As for me, I am living in Russia, Tomsk;  looking forward creating a topic of C7 building and various dicsussions. Thank you for your time. :rolleyes:

Welcome! I myself am amazed at how much territory the GoogleStreetmobile has covered around the world. You apparently have summertime there, from what's seen in that link. Right where I'm at now, it's 49°F, I can't imagine what the temperature is there in Tomsk at this time of year. Your English writing is good! If I say "da" or "nyet" or "bozhe moi" (from the Avengers movie) or "yo mayo" (from the 2009 Star Trek movie," then I've used up my entire Russian vocabulary.

TomRiver.jpg.25907b3f5dc60b8bbd91236bc1b22cae.jpg

16 minutes ago, Russell C said:

You apparently have summertime there, from what's seen in that link. Right where I'm at now, it's 49°F, I can't imagine what the temperature is there in Tomsk at this time of year. TomRiver.jpg.25907b3f5dc60b8bbd91236bc1b22cae.jpg

This picture was taken in summer, I guess. We have  a lot of beautiful sides there, as you can see. And in wintertime as well. Right now it's -22°C (-7,6 °F, as google says), but we had a warm weeks before (Only -10 till -15°C (14/5 °F)!). Anyway it's Siberia, so the temperature will decrease until it gets  ~ -35°C ( -31°F) :blink:. Hope, it won't last. [But it gives a nice opportunity to model :)]

6QjV1Up1Da4.jpg.48545d7b3ce7fb5f6709c6182433ca4f.jpgsJhMrK49Lw4.jpg.b25f172f01c125d6ba5e781c29c78959.jpg

3 hours ago, vi.siba said:

but we had a warm weeks before (Only -10 till -15°C (14/5 °F)!)

In the UK, -10 C is enough to close half the country down! ?? We have very boring weather (today is 11 C and raining) but we still like talking about it! Interesting to see and hear a bit about Siberia ?

1 hour ago, Pete75 said:

In the UK, -10 C is enough to close half the country down! ?? We have very boring weather (today is 11 C and raining) but we still like talking about it! Interesting to see and hear a bit about Siberia ?

People think that it's always cold in Siberia. We have frozen times (for example this week), nevertheless it's getting warmer every year. Quantity and quality of such weeks is decreasing. Moreover we have a warm summertime (20  °C in avarage) with  "heat weekends" (35-37 °C) [Yeah, large difference between summer and winter temperature]. 

Glad to hear from you about your country! As for me, I am really fond of rain, it's an awesome weather.  And what do you mean 'we still like talking about it'? I didn't get it.

Hi Vitaliy, I just joined this forum yesterday too.  Welcome.  First of all, for another completely different reason I was reading about Lake Baikal.  And the region.  Wow, that is a beautiful area, and some crazy weather that would be interesting to experience.  

When we were  younger, the weather where I lived in Wisconsin was pretty cold, and went over to a friends house because we like to drive in the snow, and experience the weather.  I remember that it was -30 degrees F, which is -34 C.  That was a great experience, and with the wind we could only handle maybe 5 minutes outside!  A friends VW Scirocco wouldn't start, and we had to jump it to get him home, so we kept going inside the car with the jumpers to stay warm!

Corvette C7...what kit are you building? Are kits readily available in Tomsk?  Do you have a hobby store or do you buy online? 

Steve

3 hours ago, vi.siba said:

And what do you mean 'we still like talking about it'? I didn't get it.

British people talking about the weather is kind of a joke: we do it a lot here, probably because it's an inoffensive subject and rain is never very far away. However, it is ironic (irony being another particularly British thing) that our temperate climate (neither hot nor cold) is unremarkable compared to many other places in the world. Now that I've thought about it, I can see why you might not understand! ?

1 hour ago, steveracer said:

Hi Vitaliy, I just joined this forum yesterday too.  Welcome.  First of all, for another completely different reason I was reading about Lake Baikal.  And the region.  Wow, that is a beautiful area, and some crazy weather that would be interesting to experience.  

Welcome Steve! It's really interesting to test the weather and yourself, but mostly if you are living (t)here, you gonna observe all awesome sides  out the window :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, steveracer said:

Corvette C7...what kit are you building? Are kits readily available in Tomsk?  Do you have a hobby store or do you buy online? 

There are 2 model-shops in my city. They have mainly popular goods such as sivil aviation in 1/144 scale, tanks in 1/35 and tamiya, fujimi autos. But I am not ready for building some japanise cars [although silvia is a pretty one], so that's why I have to buy it online from Moscow. But I found out that there are not only tamiya colours in my city! There's a 'Mr. Hobby' one, it's an amazing paints!
Corvette C7R is a revell model with interesting engien, which i'v never seen before. Just have a look! (And it's not a carbon decal, only paints!)
p1rl2MFzqus.jpg.b3f344a17664ab6ec96c924d4723030b.jpg

41 minutes ago, Pete75 said:

British people talking about the weather is kind of a joke: we do it a lot here, probably because it's an inoffensive subject and rain is never very far away. However, it is ironic (irony being another particularly British thing) that our temperate climate (neither hot nor cold) is unremarkable compared to many other places in the world. Now that I've thought about it, I can see why you might not understand! ?

Yeah, I see ) I guess it's one of the most comfortable climate (neither hot nor cold): you don't melt down during summer heat and can't became an icein the winter

6 hours ago, vi.siba said:

People think that it's always cold in Siberia. We have frozen times (for example this week), nevertheless it's getting warmer every year. Quantity and quality of such weeks is decreasing. Moreover we have a warm summertime (20  °C in avarage) with  "heat weekends" (35-37 °C) [Yeah, large difference between summer and winter temperature]. 

Glad to hear from you about your country! As for me, I am really fond of rain, it's an awesome weather.  And what do you mean 'we still like talking about it'? I didn't get it.

That sounds a lot like western Canada Vitaliy. -30s C. in winter and +30s C. in summer. A lot of people around the world think it's cold all the time in Canada too and we live in igloos and go to work by dog sled.?

I live on the east coast, we get that extremes in temprature but not as often. 

Welcome to the club

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, misterNNL said:

This post inspired me to check the record low temperatures right here in west Central Ohio. They record low was -25 F in 1994 The very next day was -16F.

Hmm... You inspired me to look up Wyoming’s record low. It was -66F in Yellowstone in 1933.

Welcome aboard Vitaliy! I think you are going to find a lot of good on this forum. I will try to remember that when it’s 9pm here, it’s 7am there.?

Welcome to MCM forums, Vitally....... you will find lots of interesting and helpful people on here, with lots of of interesting and useful information. This is the best scale model cars website in the world. Have a look at the dioramas section if you get time...... more good stuff there!

David