Model Cars Magazine Forum

1968 chevelle SS 396

doubleyoung2003

• 2 months later...

I took a look at this thread again, this time watching the video. Just looking at how great the car finished out is impressive enough, but you get an even more appreciation for the quality of this build after watching the video.  Impeccable impressive build Mr. Lin.   Just WOW!!!!!!!👍

On 2/8/2021 at 1:43 AM, Venom said:

Can it get any cleaner than this? I don’t think so...WOW!  P E R F E C T !

On 5/6/2021 at 2:17 AM, Smitty said:

Fantastic build Mr. Lin! Thankyou for sharing your process in the video. I would love to be able to lay down a finish like this. 
-back to the paint booth I go!

On 5/6/2021 at 5:03 AM, TransAmMike said:

I took a look at this thread again, this time watching the video. Just looking at how great the car finished out is impressive enough, but you get an even more appreciation for the quality of this build after watching the video.  Impeccable impressive build Mr. Lin.   Just WOW!!!!!!!👍

On 5/6/2021 at 5:58 AM, Geno said:

nd.jpg

On 5/7/2021 at 4:13 AM, DumpyDan said:

Outstanding looking Chevelle, Bravo!

On 5/7/2021 at 4:59 AM, Beamerman said:

Amazing Job...as the others say its simply perfekt! Hope to see more from you!

9 hours ago, Gipper said:

What an outstanding build. The perfect example of building with what's in the box and making it look realistic w/out a ton of machined parts or aftermarket goodies.

Thank you guys!!😄😄

On 5/7/2021 at 3:56 AM, rob1957 said:

Phenomenal paint job , outstanding .  Can you tell us what brand of paint and clear you were using ? Thanks. Robert.

HI, the black and clear are from gaia paint, I choose them just because my habit,the Gaia paint is not easy to get now, I think the Mr.color would works as good as gaia paint...cheers!!🙂 

Lin , your paint artistry on this build is marvelous . Polished and sleek finish is eye catching .

Would the Tamiya Finish Polishing Compound be comparable to  Mr. Compound Super Fine that you make use of here ?

Thanks.

7 hours ago, rob1957 said:

Lin , your paint artistry on this build is marvelous . Polished and sleek finish is eye catching .

Would the Tamiya Finish Polishing Compound be comparable to  Mr. Compound Super Fine that you make use of here ?

Thanks.

hi, I feel that the Tamiya Finish Polishing Compound is more like the hasegawa ceramic compound,it is a very fine compound..

in my dodge challenger building, I use Tamiya Finish Polishing Compound after Mr. Compound Super Fine,it works fine..

here is the video if you are interested,the process is about  at 8:36...cheers!!😊

• 5 weeks later...

I've seen and build a lot of models in my life. Started the hobby in 1980. I can tell you with confidence that your builds are among the most finest exemple of proffessionalism and flawlesness i've seen. Simply OUTSTANDING. I'm definitaly a fan. I can assure you i'll use your videos so step up my exterior body painting skills. Your tips are spot on.

Bravissimo!!!