Model Cars Magazine Forum

Only 2 for 2020

StevenGuthmiller

Your craftsmanship and artistry shows in all of your builds Steven. I always enjoy following your WIPs and learn from them. As a result I have begun to focus on the interiors following your example of forming window surrounds and fitting the glass in. That really adds a lot.

Thank you for your generosity in sharing, cheers Misha. All the best for the New Year!

Steve, as usual your models are the ultimate eye candy for a car modeller. My eye sweeps backwards and forwards and absolutely nothing interrupts the flow. I rarely build anything approaching showroom stock but every time I open the forum and see a post from you I go straight to it to see what you have achieved since last time. Your work is so educational to the rest of us.  I am working on a 61 Galaxie police car and cut the door panels off the tub, purely because you have shown us that is the best way to achieve accuracy ( plus I am changing a 62 two door convertible  interior to a 61 four door sedan!)

Maybe this year I am going to tackle my unmolested 64 Chevelle wagon.  It will be either showroom stock or possibly Day 2 with a set of Cragars and thin whitewalls or Americans and thin redwalls. When I take that step I hope to be able to call on you for advice as this is the most expensive 1/25th scale kit I have ever purchased and I want to do it justice.  Again, from your influence I have picked up a Revell 65 Chevelle kit to provide an upgraded undercarriage.

Thank you for so willingly sharing your talent with us!

Cheers

Alan

Thanks so much guys!

On 1/1/2021 at 10:20 AM, Slimguy said:

Steve, I have always enjoyed your stunning builds!  Thanks also for sharing your skills and knowledge on this board with all of us. I have learned quite a bit from you over the past few years...Happy New Year

On 1/1/2021 at 2:39 PM, AMT68 said:

Followed these builds on SA last year and in addition to learning many techniques it's inspired me to raise the level of my builds.

Thanks fellas!

Every technique that I offer was learned from another fellow modeler.

I pass along freely everything I've learned over all of these years to anybody that is interested.

One of the most rewarding aspects of this hobby is being able to help others in any way that I can! :)

Steve