Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fujimi Ferrari F430 Challenge

metalhead

I'm somewhat reluctant to post a wip since my time is very limited to work on models. However, I recently cleaned out my shed and came across this model I had completely forgotten I had. It was hidden in the back of the stash and the box was crushed pretty bad. I quite like the looks of this car, so I brought it in and looked it over. The body had a nice, deep crack in the left rear quarter panel. There was also a crack just below the left tail lights. So, I carefully glued it back together and ran some sprue glue into the crack and let it set for a couple of days. I guess over time, the plastic became brittle because three, smaller cracks formed around the A pillars. Easily fixed, though. Several rounds of putty, sanding, primer and paint, I have this. I'm going for a nice, clean street(ish) version.Primary color is Scale Finishes Nissan Titanium Metallic with some red thrown in here and there. Black interior with red trim and red roll cage. I just laid down the first coat of X-22 and I'll let that sit for a couple of days. Enough babbling. Here are some pics. Let me know what you think. I hope to share more with you guys in the following days. It may be a slow work in progress, though, as I start my new job next Tuesday. I really want to try and finish this one and it is my hope that this WIP will help me see through it. Thank you for reading my incredibly long post.?

20201224_232346.jpg

20201224_232319.jpg

20201224_232257.jpg

20201224_232158.jpg

20201223_213212.jpg

20201223_213257.jpg

20201223_213021.jpg

Edited by metalhead
Can't spell