Model Cars Magazine Forum

Merry Christmas!! Post your gifts.

wrenchr

Merry Christmas Everyone,

This has been a tough year on all of us, Post your Christmas gifts up if you want. :)  

My Lovely Wife hit it out of the park, missed the boat on the rat roaster and always wanted an orange crate. The Dodge she seen me ogling it at Walmart and the same of the Porsche tractor at HL. She also got me a nice wood display case. That is in the box behind the kits. 

IMG_9376.jpg

Edited by wrenchr

I got zip,zero,nadda Model related items....... Just got pants and a ugly pull over hoodie. My main family don't do Christmas when it comes to gifts for me, even though I never forget to get them presents. I get nothing in return, even my two kid's don't get me anything.

FAMILY DYNAMICS..................

Edited by ranma

In my 44 years of marriage, my bride has never, ever bought me a model, although I've been building car, truck, and fire apparatus models since 1958.  For Christmas back in 1980 she bought me a clamp on, lighted magnifier that I've used ever since, even if it is just to light up my workbench.  Best Christmas gift she ever gave me!  

(She says that she doesn't buy me kits as she said she's afraid that she might buy one that I already have.  I never let on that I have bought duplicates or even more, of many of my kits. LOL )

A.J.

I have always told my friends and relatives not to get me models as gifts. I buy mine at shows and at discounts, and I didn’t want people to pay full retail for kits I might not appreciate.

My family asked me what I wanted, what do I need?  I couldn’t think of anything. I consider myself to be truly blessed to have everything I need in life!  Be thankful!

50 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

My family asked me what I wanted, what do I need?  I couldn’t think of anything. I consider myself to be truly blessed to have everything I need in life!  Be thankful!

What a good attitude Tom!

Merry Christmas everyone!  Santa was good to me this year - got a dehydrator (which I’ve already converted/ruined so I can use it for drying bodies):

FD0F1B49-3D9C-4442-B44B-C369F75A904E.thumb.jpeg.31263d1858e45a6f37c22191424b7dd3.jpeg

And another Revell 29 - plus Hobby Lobby and Amazon gift cards:

E74A467B-EEEF-42EE-B298-A38EA23E38BB.thumb.jpeg.576f9f073e7908bcb0a5ad1e9a04231d.jpeg

Mostly though I’m thankful for my family all being healthy and everyone making it through a rough 2020!

Oh, and some of you may have seen the miniature sandwich board I made for my one friend who owns a bar - it’s a semi-replica of the actual one she’s been hauling out onto the sidewalk every day for the last 20 years (COVID closures aside in 2020)...it was a HUGE hit!  Was nice to gift someone something I made and have them REALLY love it and be blown away by it:

9F48158D-B25D-4C13-885A-BE4E9B1A67E9.jpeg.0c9a82036e55289d4eed5481d0e0a02a.jpeg1AE7C13E-54DD-48AF-9B91-38194ACBDB66.thumb.jpeg.fe8795ec8a73ec4ef374f06178346bf9.jpegBB0CB2A9-8AAC-4BC4-ABF0-31E32B656872.thumb.jpeg.8e66d0b0ed6b700dda4567f3210925b9.jpeg

Giving is as good as getting!

Happy Christmas y’all!

Edited by CabDriver

2 minutes ago, Ramfins59 said:

Due to Covid, it's just my wife & I home for Christmas this year.  We traded gifts...  I got her a bottle of the Shalimar perfume that she loves, and she gave me a plexiglass display case from Specialty Plastics that holds 20 1/24 scale cars.

About the same here, we went and seen the Mom's, wearing masks of course and just got home. About to make dinner. Making the best of this.   

I got this two weeks ago, haven't used it yet but will soon. I lined it with parchment paper but will be switching over to white kraft paper as it's much cheaper. This unit took all of 5 minutes to unpack and attach the blower motor. The way it was packed in the cardboard box was very impressive, no chance of being damaged.

It's the Pace 24" mini plus.

IMG_2258 (2).jpg

3 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

This unit took all of 5 minutes to unpack and attach the blower motor. The way it was packed in the cardboard box was very impressive, no chance of being damaged.

It's the Pace 24" mini plus.

Agreed! I got the same one in September. Packed very well indeed. And I’ve been using mine. Very impressed with how well it contains odors. 

A relative took advantage of the Hobby Lobby 40% off sales and gave me an AMT '55 Chevy and a Revell '68 VW Beetle.  I have the old "Millennium" '55 but getting another one is great, for the new whitewalls and decals.  I already had the Beetle but you can do so much with that kit, I sure don't mind having another.  Thinking of a Spahn Movie Ranch diorama with some of Charlie Manson's stolen Beetles...

I see 2 aircraft kits up there that I bought at HL, purely for nostalgic/fun reasons:  the 1/48 B-25 and P-61.  They date back to the '70's but both are still nice kits.  They have such good detail, right out of the box, that they would make great "Hangar Queen" dioramas with missing panels to show off the interior, engines etc.  

12 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

Highly recommended!  I procrastinated for a long time, now kicking myself that I didn’t do it sooner!

An investment in quality tools is a must if you are in the hobby for the long haul!

64F296D2-6E43-4A9E-A41E-D69205452BD3.thumb.jpeg.cebc9265abf50b67e91f9034ce1063cf.jpeg

Here’s mine. This is the 24” lower price unit.  I piped it with rigid duct.

16 hours ago, Mike999 said:

I see 2 aircraft kits up there that I bought at HL, purely for nostalgic/fun reasons:  the 1/48 B-25 and P-61.  They date back to the '70's but both are still nice kits.  They have such good detail, right out of the box, that they would make great "Hangar Queen" dioramas with missing panels to show off the interior, engines etc.  

Yup... The P-61 Black Widow is the same exact kit as the Monogram kit when Revell took over Monogram molds. I had a chance to open the box to 'fondle the sprues". LOL! Oh yeah, they look exactly as Monogram molds.

Well, this is good news and I’ll take it as a gift right now. My Niece’s Covid test came back negative! Once my Sister and especially BiL are in the clear, we can finally have Christmas. Dad did joke last night that if we get together late enough, we can celebrate his birthday next month at the same time:lol: