Model Cars Magazine Forum

1910 Model T by IMC 1/24 Scale

dimaxion

Let me help John. It is not IMC but ICM from Czechoslovakia. They have variants of the model T with the latest being the speedster. Word of caution is that the fenders depicted in the box art are not in the kit. The kit has standard fenders.

ICM24001-2.jpg.0635fcac793f09ef050901f0fc6b371d.jpgICM24004-2.jpg.e28db2a36ceea02fcc81bb9053fa5879.jpgs-l300.jpg.8f93603d424b6309515014359fb84965.jpgs-l1600.jpg.adb3b6c06477f00d5851f66572cfc3db.jpg1940631951_modelt1.jpg.d0d1d8d5c19c1bfd61b5f9dece9236c4.jpg

Hope this clears things up. There is also a 1/35th series of military T's from them

greg

OIPT6FXAOV3.jpg

6 hours ago, GLMFAA1 said:

Let me help John. It is not IMC but ICM from Czechoslovakia. They have variants of the model T with the latest being the speedster. Word of caution is that the fenders depicted in the box art are not in the kit. The kit has standard fenders.

ICM24001-2.jpg.0635fcac793f09ef050901f0fc6b371d.jpg

I've got a few of these to build, the moulding looks very crisp, some parts are very small and some look a little fragile, one thing I've noticed is that some versions have the brass parts come plated and some are just bare plastic.

The above version is also available from Revell Germany, the brass parts come in bare grey plastic, but you do get a nice set of decals for the gold pinstripes. 

On a side note, ICM kits are produced in the Ukraine, Czechoslovakia as a country no longer exists, since 1993 it was split into two, Czech Republic and Slovakia. 

81t-rwuKx1L._AC_SX569_.jpg

On 12/25/2020 at 10:11 PM, GMP440 said:

Maybe the original author of this thread can post a pic of this model so we can see what is being discussed.

I now opened this post . Looking at my typos .. Aheeem . I fixed all those today . I am somewhat dyslexic . I'm sorry . Spell Check doesn't always work on my Windows 10 . I meant IMC . It was a typo as I looked at the saved search today . When I looked at the illustration I thought the back doors looked out of place . Henry did do 'running changed" . This doesn't illustrate the possibility it is a 1910 and Not a 1911 (which the Model represents) kit  . I build strings . Strings are a sequence of MY's of one make or / model or / body style or /country of origin . Yes , I have Commie cars too . Or any combinations of these choices . I m building the Entire String on Lizzies . From Titled 1909 - 1927 . Lizzies are Model T Fords . I did recently acquire a Shapeways 3 D Printed 1910/1909 T conversion . I lining up parts to replicate the 1909 . It will replicate the Twin Lever ,two pedal Early 1909 configuration . When I found the typo kit . Well , now I did not have to buy another conversion & another 1911 kit . I sorted out this error by Kit Number . Anyone have any information to view Color Charts for the 1909 - 1913 MY Lizzies ?

I did a search for the Revelle 1913 1/24 Scale Lizzy . On the Revelle site is A nonesuch. Any information would be appreciated please ..   .Thanx 

Edited by dimaxion

John,

That should be an interesting collection when you finish it.  By the way, the plant where the Model T was conceived and first built still exists in Detroit:

Ford Piquette Avenue Plant | Birthplace of the Model T (fordpiquetteplant.org)

Model T production started at the Highland Park plant on January 1, 1910 - almost 101 years ago to the day.   It is not in great shape.  It was used to manufacture Fordson tractors for decades until it closed in 1974. 

Ford Highland Park - Building OO - 15050 Woodward Avenue, Highland Park, MI | Office Space (commercialcafe.com)

Many people claim that the Model T was built in Dearborn, but it never was.  The first Ford car built there was the 1928-1931 Model A.  The first car built in Dearborn was the Detroit-Dearborn, a 1910 roadster and touring that attempted to compete with the Model T.   

Edited by Motor City

The Ford model T was also manufactured here in England 

An assembly plant in an old Tram factory in Trafford Park, Manchester, was opened in 1911 employing 60 people to make the Model T and the company was reregistered as Henry Ford & Son, Ltd.

This was the first Ford factory outside North America. At first the cars were assembled from imported chassis and mechanical parts with bodies sourced locally. Six thousand cars were produced in 1913 and the Model T became the country's biggest selling car with 30% of the market. In 1914 Britain's first moving assembly line for car production started with 21 cars an hour being built. After the First World War, the Trafford Park plant was extended, and in 1919, 41% of British registered cars were Fords

(taken from Wikipedia)

On 12/26/2020 at 2:25 PM, dimaxion said:

I now opened this post . Looking at my typos .. Aheeem . I fixed all those today . I am somewhat dyslexic . I'm sorry . Spell Check doesn't always work on my Windows 10 . I meant IMC . It was a typo as I looked at the saved search today . When I looked at the illustration I thought the back doors looked out of place . Henry did do 'running changed" . This doesn't illustrate the possibility it is a 1910 and Not a 1911 (which the Model represents) kit  . I build strings . Strings are a sequence of MY's of one make or / model or / body style or /country of origin . Yes , I have Commie cars too . Or any combinations of these choices . I m building the Entire String on Lizzies . From Titled 1909 - 1927 . Lizzies are Model T Fords . I did recently acquire a Shapeways 3 D Printed 1910/1909 T conversion . I lining up parts to replicate the 1909 . It will replicate the Twin Lever ,two pedal Early 1909 configuration . When I found the typo kit . Well , now I did not have to buy another conversion & another 1911 kit . I sorted out this error by Kit Number . Anyone have any information to view Color Charts for the 1909 - 1913 MY Lizzies ?

I did a search for the Revelle 1913 1/24 Scale Lizzy . On the Revelle site is A nonesuch. Any information would be appreciated please ..   .Thanx 

24002 ICM 1/24 American Passenger Car Model T Touring 1910

• 1 month later...

The Model T assembly plant in Cambridge, MA still stand as well, and has been repurposed several times after Ford moved out.  What was interesting about this factory was that it was several levels tall, rather than being flat and spread out.

It's strange seeing the boxtop with the "R" mark after "Model T", as more than one manufacturer besides Ford at that time used that nomenclature for their products.

2 hours ago, Brian Austin said:

The Model T assembly plant in Cambridge, MA still stand as well, and has been repurposed several times after Ford moved out.  What was interesting about this factory was that it was several levels tall, rather than being flat and spread out.

What about the building that is now Assembly Square Mall in Somerville, MA?  Was that used by Ford at a later date?

On 2/22/2021 at 12:39 AM, Brian Austin said:

Brian,

Most of the larger assembly plants were multi-story in the old days.  Dodge Main in Hamtramck, was 8 stories tall and opened in 1910.  A major assembly such as the body would be attached to a wooden framework or welded, then painted, paint compounded, have the interior installed, and then dropped down to the ground level where it was attached to the finished chassis and driven away.  Small manufacturers typically only had 1 or 2 levels.  It was later found that it was easier to expand a plant by building on a large piece of land in the first place.  I think one story started to be the prevalent assembly plant in the late 1940s/early 1950s.

It was torn down in 1981.  I was thinking 6 stories, but it was 8 stories in part of the complex.  It opened the same year as Ford's Highland Park plant, and started producing Dodge automobiles in 1914.  Detroit was full of these huge factories a century ago.

Edited by Motor City
corrections ... 8 stories and clarify start of auto production

On 2/22/2021 at 2:53 AM, peteski said:

What about the building that is now Assembly Square Mall in Somerville, MA?  Was that used by Ford at a later date?

This is what Wikipedia has to say about the Somerville plant:

"The Somerville Assembly was a Ford Motor Company factory in Somerville, Massachusetts which opened in 1926 as a replacement to the Cambridge Assembly. Following the failure of the Edsel, the plant, which had been one of the region’s largest employers, closed its doors in 1958. At that time it was the Edsel division's only Edsel-only assembly line as all other Edsel plants were shared with Mercury or Ford. Somerville built only the larger Corsair and Citation big series Edsels which shared chassis with Mercury. The closure created severe consequences for the local economy, as it paid the city over $1 million in annual taxes."

As for the Cambridge plant, it is said to be the first vertically-integrated assembly line in the world.

https://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/ma1218/