Model Cars Magazine Forum

My 2020

Plowboy

2 hours ago, espo said:

I always enjoy how you manage to mix bodies around and make them look like factory. I especially like the '48 Ford pick up and the Edsel's. The '66 Chevelle, is this a resin body or one of your roof conversions ?  

Thanx! The '66 actually started out as a '67. I swapped front ends with an El Camino, tail light panel with a Malibu and modified the roof. None of these builds are resin. All styrene. 

As Phil pointed out, you have a style all your own, and with the technical mastery that has emerged in recent years your work has become very special indeed. The '48 pickup was such a tour de force, but many of these projects were ones I'd missed. It's interesting to see you take your approach and apply it to the modern Resto-Rod look. The results are quite alluring. Congrats on an impressive 2020. All the best for a creative, healthy and fulfilling 2021.

Lots to like here, Roger.  Your paint finish is soooooo straight and smooth - I am very envious!  

I thought you might like to see a full scale interpretation of your 48 Ford pickup that appeared at our 2016 Regional Nationals in Busselton Western Australia. The proportions are remarkably similar to your model and it was voted in the top ten of the 200 or so cars present.  What you can't see is that it ahs suicide doors, as if he hadn't done enough bodywork already!

Cheers

Alan

2016-03-26 11.08.58.jpg

Wow, you had one hell of a good year, Roger! Half of these i hadn't seen before but they all have a finished style that is unmistakably You! I just love the '48 and '60 Pickups and I'm really digging that little Falcon!! But I also find myself really enjoying that Beretta with BIG rally wheels and cowl hood. Great imagination there!