Model Cars Magazine Forum
mchook

My 2020 junkyard of 10

Hi Mark, you make beautiful “junk”. Hard to pick a favourite, but I’m leaning towards the ‘59 Elky. 

Cheers, Steve

They look great, I wish I could do weathering and rust like that. They must look fantastic parked-up together.

Firebird is my favourite.

I swear that northern salt is a killer! just take a look what it does even to the builds out there :D Great weathering i do not have even a percent of skill of doing that.

You have a great eye for rusted metal distressed material, very well done!

If I had to pick a favorite, I'd have to go with the '29 Ford tow truck. Your weathering and damage work are very convincing and the heavy-duty rear wheels with solid tires really complete the whole build.

Impressive work!

David G.

They're all cool looking models Jay! I wish I had your talent for weathering! Never overdone. Always just right!

Most impressive, making a car look aged and weathered takes more work than making one shiny.

Your style of weathering always looks so realistic. A real "sad sack" looking group and I mean that in the best way. 

Mark, you definately got the rust down pat, very impressive.  

LOL, I showed my wife the picture of the TransAm and she said "is he gonna restore it?"   She actually thought it was a real car.

You are the master of rust!  Wonderful collection of relics, I like the tow rigs.

I agree with the rest of the Group, You definitely have the "touch" for rust Sir! 

A most impressive lot of distressed automobiles there.

Thank You for sharing with Us here.

I look forward to seeing more

Later

Russ  

I love them. The weathering you do looks unbelievably real! that's an oxymoron for you! .. and to build that many with that kind of detail? man, very impressive.

I'm loving your builds, the rust work on the deuce 5 window is epic ! great work .

You've really got the rusty relic looked nailed , very impressive work ! 

Thanks for all the great comments. Everyone seems to like my junkers but I really wish I could pull off a nice paint job. Maybe one day but not anytime soon. Thanks again everyone!