Model Cars Magazine Forum

One-off Build quiz #9 (Deadline Jan. 3, 2021 0:00 CET)

This ist the last quiz for 2020. This year was strange. We still have a pandemic, a country that will we leave a union, a country that had an election and  a great group of modeller and participant of the quiz that I did in 2020. I hope that 2021 will be different from 2020.  So please sent a PM with Year, Make and Type.

Deadline will be (Deadline Jan. 3, 2021 0:00 CET)

One-off 9.jpg

This one is a 1961 Cadillac Jacqueline by Pininfarina. This car debuted at Paris Salon in 1961 and it was named after First Lady Jacqueline Kenndy. The only stock Cadillac itemes thta were unchaged were the 1960 rims, dashboard andthe steering wheel. The Jacqueline wore a traditional Cadillac crest on its hood, minus one element: the broad vee that had come to stand for the division's trademark V-8 engines. Because it was a pushcar without engine. In 1996 a 1960 Cadillac Eldorada Biaritz spent its engine to make Jacquline now a running car. Picture were taken at the 2012 Schloss Dyck Classic.

Correct answer were sent in by

Richard Bartrop

dw1603

jokar 124

otherunicorn

Brizio

Congratulations

Edited by carsntrucks4you

An Italian Cadillac! Never heard of that one before now.  Except for the wheel covers it bears absolutely no resemblance to a Cadillac from any rear. Strange.  I don't find it particularly attractive either (unlike Jacqueline Kennedy, whom I found extremely attractive).

I don't like to take credit where it's not due so I have to say that I didn't get this one despite Michael having listed my name above! I knew it was by an Italian stylist, and thought it most likely Pininfarina, but never got the actual car.

I enjoyed the challenge and it's interesting to find out what it is.

Cheers,

-Don.

7 hours ago, DonW said:

I don't like to take credit where it's not due so I have to say that I didn't get this one despite Michael having listed my name above! I knew it was by an Italian stylist, and thought it most likely Pininfarina, but never got the actual car.

I enjoyed the challenge and it's interesting to find out what it is.

Cheers,

-Don.

Don,

you got me. I'm sorry for that. Thankls for the hint. I'll remove your name for the list asap.