Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Penske Reynard

Attached are some pics of a Revell CART Reynard representing the 2000 Penske Racing CART Champion driven by Gil de Ferran.

About 20 years ago Revell put out a series of 1/25 CART Reynards.  This model started as Team Rahal's Miller Lite Reynard.  I obtained some SpeedLine decals of the Penske livery from a fellow modeler who was clearing some of his stash.  Other than the decals and seatbelts the model was built box stock.

Paint is Tamiya Spray Pure White (TS-26) and Fluorescent Red (TS-36) decanted and airbrushed.  The wheels were stripped of their kit chrome and repainted with Alclad Chrome.  

Even though these kits are simple they can be a little fiddley but if you take your time they can be built into nice models.  They're out of production but Revell produced a ton of them in a number of good liveries and you can still find them at model shows and ebay at reasonable prices.  They can be good slump busters if you're looking for a quick build.

Thanks for looking.  Any comments or constructive criticism are welcome.

IMG_0031.JPG

IMG_0032.JPG

IMG_0033.JPG

IMG_0034.JPG

On 1/7/2021 at 3:21 AM, 58 Impala said:

Looks great. I bought every different kit Revell offered and some extras to use several Speedline decals I purchased. I even have a rare Greg Moore kit that was only released in Canada. 

Great looking model. I have always liked these kits. I built a Paul Tracy Kool version and convinced my buddies to build a grid of other liveries. In regard the Greg Moore, it is a real tragedy that Greg was not in the sister Penske in 2000. If Greg had survived I am convinced he would have won championships, Indy and maybe even Formula One.

4 hours ago, Phildaupho said:

Great looking model. I have always liked these kits. I built a Paul Tracy Kool version and convinced my buddies to build a grid of other liveries. In regard the Greg Moore, it is a real tragedy that Greg was not in the sister Penske in 2000. If Greg had survived I am convinced he would have won championships, Indy and maybe even Formula One.

I have the Tracy decals as well as the Penske Marlboro decals. I watched the race that Greg Moore got killed, very tragic. He definitely would have won Championships. My favorite driver of that period was Alex Zanardi, loved watching him race. His accident in Germany was very tragic also.

• 2 years later...