Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Motorworks 32 Ford. Ugh!

Dave72

Thought I would dig this out and build it by dolling it up with stuff I had lying around in the kit stash and parts boxes. First off, this is one of the not so good kits I’ve built! Lots of flash and miss match on mating parts. I cut off the molded on fenders, not a fan of those and dropped the body over the frame. I was going to use the kit engine but the halves were so mismatched I just tossed it! I ended up going with a sbc from a 64 Impala. Wheels are from a 48 Ford. Smaller front tires came from the parts box. Kits like this give you a real challenge, and that’s the fun part! Color is Camouflage from Krylon! Who’d a thunk! Topped with Duplicolor clear. Interior will be Ivory. 

I do need your opinion. With the motor the color as it is, what color spark plug wires do I use? Black seems plain, yellow maybe? Just going with a single carb and air cleaner. Coments always welcome, positive or negative. 

FC60ECE3-E868-49C3-BFAE-AF5D426698DF.jpeg

5D9C740B-13FB-4F9B-9719-4F4D59C525A4.jpeg

1347013D-055E-4542-B1A2-78E9FB553BB4.jpeg

Great project! Love the color!  Before Revell issued their ‘32 Roadster HiBoy kit in 1998, cutting the fenders away from the old Monogram kit was the best way available to build a decent looking fenderless ‘32 Roadster. I did two that way as a young teen. 

As for the plug wire color, I’d personally go with gray. 

1 hour ago, Dennis Lacy said:

Great project! Love the color!  Before Revell issued their ‘32 Roadster HiBoy kit in 1998, cutting the fenders away from the old Monogram kit was the best way available to build a decent looking fenderless ‘32 Roadster. I did two that way as a young teen. 

As for the plug wire color, I’d personally go with gray. 

Thanks Dennis! I appreciate the compliment and your input on color choice for wires. I never really thought about grey. I kinda like it!  Boot color? 

Thanks again.

• 1 month later...

The little 32 roadster is all done! For a kit that I did not like very much, I really like the way it tuned out! I’ll post more pics in the under glass section. Dug out my digital SLR camera for this one. Thought I would play around with taking pics with that. Gotta practice a bit! 

FEDD643F-9338-463D-AB94-1FFDA074F20D.jpeg

74502AB1-4174-4F4B-ACDA-DF7420C8D17A.jpeg

On 2/5/2021 at 5:42 PM, Dave Van said:

I think you did GREAT!!!!The kit was tooled in the early 1960's....but I have built a few of them and kinda like the 1/24 scale. 

If you don't like it later.....send it to me for 'storage' with my other Monogram 32's!!!

32FORDR5.JPG

32fordhr1.JPG

Thanks Dave! More than likely I will have a few 32’s in a row myself! I’ve already got another one on the bench. Revell 32 Highboy. This one will be more of a show rod.

21 hours ago, Russell C said:

Tried that method once myself, but my dumb pet mouse just dumped the clutch and put the whole fixture through the windshield and into the front seat. 😂

Hey Russell, tell your pet mouse to lay off the throttle!

On 2/5/2021 at 7:22 PM, Bullybeef said:

I think it turned out remarkably well

13 hours ago, Codi said:

Clean great looking car Dave.  You nailed the color too.  cheers, tim

12 hours ago, Lowlife ! ! said:

Considering what you started with, I'd say you made a fantastic looking roadster !

Great job, love the colours and I usually hate green !!

Thanks guys! Very much appreciated!