Model Cars Magazine Forum

1932 Ford Sedan High Boy

ModelcarJR

I've built this kit before and the second kit I had became a donor kit to a certain extent. I decided I wanted to built it as a High Boy so I scrounged around for some parts. I had robbed the floor previously to build a Vintage Beach Racer. So I used some plastic sheet to replace it. I found a Mustang 5.0 engine in the parts box which is one of the original engines in the kit or possibly came from the sister kit, the 5-window coupe. I thought I could find a front axle atie rod but nothing fit very well. So I opened another 5 window coupe kit and stole the front axle, shocks (to hold the headlights) and tie rod. I guess I'll have to face the incomplete kit dilemma somewhere down the line. Paint is Tamiya Light Blue with Krylon Almond interior and top.  Here's the start:

enhance

enhance

Thanks, Dave! I appreciate your comment! 

Finished the chassis and rubbed out the body. Blackwashed the interior and raised the seats with some square tube evergreen. Steering wheel from the parts box and steering column from an old AMT 57 Chevy. This model is for show only so it has no door handles, window cranks or foot petals! LOL! Thanks for looking! ?

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Finished! Added headlights, taillights, license plate, door handles and chrome bars.  The chrome bars, front, back and hood are .030" rod that were painted with a chrome pen (it took a while with a 1mm pen).  I didn't want to put the tear-drop taillights on without a chrome bezel so I found another taillight in chrome that is suppose to be painted red for the lens and put the red lens on the kit on top of this taillight and it worked out perfect! So I was able to complete this incomplete kit with a few extra parts.  Thanks for looking! ?

enhance

enhance

enhance