Model Cars Magazine Forum

89AKurt's 2021 Resolutions

89AKurt

I resolve to build more models, showing this in public sets my sights on finishing something.  Two are carry over from last year, two WIP were not on my 2020 list.  Some that were on last year's list have been ditched.

1. ICM -  Mercedes G666 BenutzerdefiniertHinterntretenJadgAktenvernichterGeländewagenLimousine  Made good progress, have obstacles such as twisted frame to overcome before proceeding.

2. Otaki -  Lamborghini Hellcheetah  Acquired the kit this year.

3.  Testors (Gunze Sangyo) Lamborghini Spelling Bee Special (Silhouette)  Was hoping to finish this year, but will be the first for 2021, so this should be a cakewalk.

4. Beemax - Audi Sport Quattro S1 [E2].  Think I have every aftermarket upgrade now. ?

5. Revell - 1953 Ford pickup that my dad owned.

6. Tamiya - 1998 Subaru Impreza for '21 Cannonball Ruse community build.

7. Italeri - Ferrari 250 GTO Spyder.  Kit that was a bagged kit (thus no box).  Took pictures of it at a Copperstate Rally many years ago.

There is another project that will be entered in the last GSL contest, don't have it yet.  So that would be 8, still ambitious at the rate I build.

IMG_0811.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 3/25/2021 at 5:42 PM, slusher said:

Good looking models. Your using a 50 Ford too build a 53? Just curious..

Yes, thought it's a '52, but I'm no Ford expert.  My dad owned a new one, his dad who was a sign painter, did the doors and tailgate.  Have a bunch of nice photos for reference.  Have the paint for the VW Beetle they owned later which looks exactly the same.  The transkit is the whole body and bed.  Different hood and of course emblems.
8297481135_afbce0cb61_o.thumb.jpg.79ab15c506cda74b0d7fcb49a7aba5b2.jpg
8588729024_8b11121bb8_o.jpg.ce355d531b4e84bf2a28cac5a7de0a2b.jpg

On 3/25/2021 at 7:03 PM, Steve H said:

Go Kurt go !!!! Great looking builds. I have a soft spot for the Sub.  As I have said before, I really enjoy your WIP’s, entertaining and always great ideas.

Cheers, Steve

Thanks so much for saying that.  I respect the cars very much, have attended several rallies, they kick butt, but the Evos at the time were equal.  Rode in the same year Subie 4 door on a rally cross.  I've thought of building a rally version, but have several other races car to build.
1509969104_4a7408c3db_z.jpg

Have several at this location, more of the truck, but this is a good grill shot.

8588656846_f07070da70_o.jpg

Edited by 89AKurt

• 8 months later...