Model Cars Magazine Forum

Eleven for 2020

Phildaupho

I am overwhelmed by the number of fantastic models that were built in 2020 and posted on this forum which is one positive thing that came out of this otherwise forgettable year. I built a record setting for me eleven model cars, the last of which I just finished with a few hours to spare in 2020 so in reverse order here they are.

Replica of a 1987 Players GM Challenge Series Camaro

2v2H5tKi2ximYT.jpg

I call this a Topolino Cobra

2v2H56qigximYT.jpg

1970 Chaparral Camaro Trans Am

2v2Hn6uhdximYT.jpg

Replica of the 1/1 Model A a friend is building

2v2Hn6HzmximYT.jpg

Chopped, sectioned, channeled '39 Ford Convertible

2v2Hn6HM4ximYT.jpg

Revell 1940 Ford Deluxe Coupe

2v2Hn6HjLximYT.jpg

1948 Ford Woodie

2v2Hn6aaSximYT.jpg

1964 Ford Thunderbolt Pro-Touring

2v2Hn6HdTximYT.jpg

My attempt at converting a Scarab into a Lotus 23B

2v2Hn6EdrximYT.jpg

A Secret Santa kit that had been previously started with body paint by another car modeller

2v2Hn6a2SximYT.jpg

Another Secret Santa kit built as a replica of the James Dean Rebel without a Cause movie car

2v2Hn6aoTximYT.jpg

17 hours ago, Dragonhawk1066 said:

Nice!

17 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

A great grouping! I love the little Fiat!

15 hours ago, Kah puts said:

Congratulations there all winners, especially that 39, geez!

14 hours ago, bondo bill said:

sweet builds

12 hours ago, alan barton said:

Nice work Phil!  I did a custom very similar to your 39 except I did it to a Tudor rather than a convert. Looks like a lot of us had a good year!

Cheers

Alan

8 hours ago, ChrisR said:

Very nice!!

8 hours ago, stitchdup said:

Nice builds, i like the chopped and sactioned 39

6 hours ago, David G. said:

An excellent set for the year!

I find the '48 Woodie particularly eye-catching.

David G.

4 hours ago, TooOld said:

Well done Phil , you had an excellent year !  I like the Chaparral Camaro , always thought it was a cool looking race car . :)

2 hours ago, Plowboy said:

Nice work Phil! I remember the '48! That thing is so deceptively cool!

2 hours ago, Steve H said:

Hi Phil! Eleven beauties sir. All are very nicely done but, ironically, as a GM guy I particularly like the 64 Ford. 

2 hours ago, Slimguy said:

Nice work Phil...can't keep my eyes off that Woodie...wow!

27 minutes ago, espo said:

Besides all being very well done, you have a build in almost every style  you can think of. 

Thanks everybody I really appreciate your comments and seeing your models. Have a great 2021.

A High Production year, Phil. With some fine results indeed. Some of the outcomes are so "natural" and together looking that it's easy to overlook how technically challenging they hust have been. The Revell '40 Ford Deluxe Coupe and the '30 Ford Tudor come to mind. You do Muscle Car based road racers nicely. The Players Challenge Camaro brought back memories of discovering Ron Fellows' prodigious talent seeing him toss around a similar car on the old Indy car course in Vancouver many moons ago. And I thought you reshaped the nose and fenders of the Scarab rather well to capture the essence of the 23B. All the best to you for 2021.

3 hours ago, bbowser said:

I agree, all are well done.

Thanks Bruce

3 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

You should be proud of high production and quality builds!  I had one of those ICM Scarab kits, sold it in Phoenix, I like what you did.

Thanks Kurt - It just shows what is possible when you have lots of time to kill. In many ways I am hoping 2021 will not be as productive !!

3 hours ago, slusher said:

Fantastic models for the year sir!  Love the thunderbolt...

Thanks Carl - I based the Thunderbolt on the Holman & Moody 427 Fairlane road race car

2 hours ago, mustang1989 said:

Nice!! Eleven??!! Man that's some crazy production right there. Good lookin' set of builds.

Thanks Joe

1 hour ago, Bernard Kron said:

A High Production year, Phil. With some fine results indeed. Some of the outcomes are so "natural" and together looking that it's easy to overlook how technically challenging they must have been. The Revell '40 Ford Deluxe Coupe and the '30 Ford Tudor come to mind. You do Muscle Car based road racers nicely. The Players Challenge Camaro brought back memories of discovering Ron Fellows' prodigious talent seeing him toss around a similar car on the old Indy car course in Vancouver many moons ago. And I thought you reshaped the nose and fenders of the Scarab rather well to capture the essence of the 23B. All the best to you for 2021.

Thanks Bernard - I always appreciate and enjoy your comments

1 hour ago, PappyD340 said:

Great looking group!

Thanks Larry