A310-with-paint-pot.jpg

Renault Alpine A310, Heller, 1/43

xjs-done-high-front-left.jpg

Jaguar XJ-S, Heller, 1/43

alfa-and-pot.jpg

What next, I wonder..?

best,

M.

Great looking collection. I also like the Jaguars. I like the look on that Roman Solders face. He looks real nervous. I would also if I showed up at a knife fight dressed like that., I wouldn't be able to run fast enough.    

2 hours ago, doorsovdoon said:

Very intimidating cars!

All the more so in “jam sandwich” trim! On the plus side, any that are still in action are probably well-cared-for, so maybe I can rationally fulfil a teenage dream by owning one these days... 

best,

M.

14 minutes ago, Matt Bacon said:

All the more so in “jam sandwich” trim! On the plus side, any that are still in action are probably well-cared-for, so maybe I can rationally fulfil a teenage dream by owning one these days... 

best,

M.

I'm not sure if the Met have any still in service, but if you go to the police garage in West Molesey in London, there's a few they have in storage.

1 hour ago, GeeBee said:

I'm not sure if the Met have any still in service, but if you go to the police garage in West Molesey in London, there's a few they have in storage.

Going back about five years ago the station in my town, Llanelli, still had one and was still in use I think, though I don't know to what extent. I see it from time to time parked outside the station and have passed it on the road twice. Maybe an enthusiast, but I doubt it because it still has it's lights and red stripe. They also have a plain white P6 but I've only ever seen that once.

An excellent variety Matt. I remember your WIP thread on the 1:24 XJ-S, your work on the engine in particular was fantastic.

Love the 1:43 selection, didn't realise you'd done so many of them. I bete they look great together on the shelf. I saw another one in the series at a local secondhand toy/model shop a while back, Mercedes 450 SL I think, but I was put off buying it after my experience with the Princess - nice kit, just a bit challenging on the eyesight.

• 3 months later...