Model Cars Magazine Forum

88 Daytona ProStock

Tortuga Kustomz

Hello guys, First Happy New Year to all, this build is one favorites so far, was a challenge but wow, i did learn a lot from my previous mentor a great person who passes away a while back, his name was Del Paone and i did this project after he passes away and did everything he taught me in the time we expend, RIP my friend...

Base kit: AMT ’88 Dodge Daytona Turbo
Features: Scratch build Chassis and roll cage, scratch build front suspension and control arms, detail rear end from Donor kit and make it fit into the body, willy bars detail with styrene sheet and styrene rod.
Body: Painted Testors silver as base color, translucent blue on the top and Testors Wet Look Clear, Body can be detach from the chassis to show all the components, Open doors detailed, scratch build hood scoop, Parachute from Protech.
Interior: Seat is 3D printed and detail with foam paper and details masters hardware, 3D printed steering wheel with scratch build steering column, complete Anti-Fire system from the engine until the fire extinguishers, complete parachute system connection, and all electronics connected to the electronic box.
Engine: Hemi 426ci from Firebird funny car kit, Performance transmission, Dual Dominator carb from B.N.L. resin detail with throttle linkage and fuel lines, scratch build fuel block out of square rod, 3D printed Radiator, 3D printed Fuel tank and electic fuel pump, full detail brake system from master cylinder to calipers, heaters out of soft brass tubing.

Hope you all Like it...

desEKcO.jpg

bkGo63g.jpg

uGINsBG.jpg

ZAnNuRx.jpg

vj7k9Xj.jpg

LjJld0b.jpg

5qhyu5V.jpg

czfO0bI.jpg

JVJDFVg.jpg

49G8DkC.jpg

XNlejwY.jpg

5zsy8MW.jpg

une3Kyq.jpg

TiN2P2t.jpg

8USYcmX.jpg

q87vuYx.jpg

gYaQC4h.jpg

L7PHCYZ.jpg

rDmr3oi.jpg

tMLZ0Oj.jpg

W4rmcmj.jpg

JVsQiCF.jpg

iOQgDI2.jpg

NkijIC4.jpg

B1OGaBA.jpg

diYtnaW.jpg

GuQVV24.jpg

L3MobFA.jpg

fx6rKZQ.jpg

i045pYR.jpg

BiRHcX1.jpg

ZVYEYCw.jpg

UMgs2o4.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

Great job,especially the motor.

Thank you Ron, i love detail engines, this one came out of a firebird funny car, those hemi look amazing

7 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

Wow, that looks great Marcos, so much detail and super impressive engine.

Thank you Mike, lot of detail for sure, but been the first time doing all this came out great in my opinion

On 1/4/2021 at 10:06 AM, lordgodbob said:

That's a very cool build!

Thanks Tim

On 1/4/2021 at 10:43 AM, AmericanMuscleFan said:

It's a great build Marcos!  I can see the influence of Del Paone in this little muscle car of which he was a real fanatic of this kind of build.  I met him a few times here in Quebec at miniature car shows and I can say he was a great guy!  Well done sir, you can be proud of it!!! ?

Thank you so much Francis, yeuuup, Del was a big inspiration to me with his builds, that awesome that you have the chance to meet him a few time, he was a great guy...

On 1/4/2021 at 11:38 AM, mustang1989 said:

Wow!!! What a super detailed build. VERY cool work!!! 

Thank you Joe, i really appreciate bro

On 1/4/2021 at 11:59 AM, TransAmMike said:

Wait a minute here, you're saying first time detailing like that. Now I'm super impressed!!

Yes, this was the first time detailing a build like this, and i know all the mistake i have on this one, but the one i'm really proud is a El camino Gasser, previous build to this one, i'll uploads those pics later...