Model Cars Magazine Forum

Twenty in '20: Tommy124's model car year in review

Tommy124

Very impressive array.  I wish I could produce quality eye-catching builds like this at a much quicker rate, but...

Of all the builds you posted, this stood out the most to me.  I'm guessing it's an old AMT kit with a 2 metal axle chassis, but the paint colors, stance and detailing made me stop and look longer. 

mcm5.jpg.02e9628eb268fd35e4ef0382d99bfa89.jpg

On 1/5/2021 at 7:41 AM, mustang1989 said:

Ya know.....when I see a post like 20 builds in a year  I expect to see 20 fairly good looking builds. Upon scrolling through all of this however, I am amazed at the quality of these 20 builds. Very good job on all of these Tommy.

My thoughts too. Sharp cars. 

22 minutes ago, drodg said:

Very nice.  How do you guys do it?  I cannot get that many cars built in two years.

I'm actually kinda glad that I can't build that fast. I'd run out of display space just that much quicker. lol 

Edited by mustang1989

1 hour ago, drodg said:

Very nice.  How do you guys do it?  I cannot get that many cars built in two years.

It's called the Corona builds... Home office most of the time  in 2020, e.g. saving me a lot of time going to and from the office by car. Plus it adds a lot of flexibility to how I spend  my "daily routine"...

1 hour ago, mustang1989 said:

I'm actually kinda glad that I can't build that fast. I'd run out of display space just that much quicker. lol 

You have a point there! But then again, I have been a "non-finisher" in term of modelling in former times and most of my builds ended up in the bin. That was a long time ago, but now I enjoy building and finishing (!) models even more... :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Tommy124 said:

It's called the Corona builds... Home office most of the time  in 2020, e.g. saving me a lot of time going to and from the office by car. Plus it adds a lot of flexibility to how I spend  my "daily routine"...

You have a point there! But then again, I have been a "non-finisher" in term of modelling in former times and most of my builds ended up in the bin. That was a long time ago, but now I enjoy building and finishing (!) models even more... :rolleyes:

I have a few I need to jump back on that I started and need to finish.  One a Monogram 69 Judge and the other a Johan 69 Roadrunner.  Not hard cars to finish either.  I have no idea why I didn't finish either of them.  

14 minutes ago, drodg said:

I have a few I need to jump back on that I started and need to finish.  One a Monogram 69 Judge and the other a Johan 69 Roadrunner.  Not hard cars to finish either.  I have no idea why I didn't finish either of them.  

I've got a few of those kinds of builds that I planned everything out for and then out of the blue I selected a total different build in its place. I've got a 79 Mustang that I REALLY want to build into a 460 car. Got the custom decals, the  resin 460 and all that stuff for it too.  I think I just talked myself into building it for my next build. 

1 hour ago, mustang1989 said:

I've got a few of those kinds of builds that I planned everything out for and then out of the blue I selected a total different build in its place. I've got a 79 Mustang that I REALLY want to build into a 460 car. Got the custom decals, the  resin 460 and all that stuff for it too.  I think I just talked myself into building it for my next build. 

I built other things instead also.