Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/18 Ford GT Conversion

Finished up this project I’ve been working on for a little while. Took the 1/18 scale Top Speed 2019 Ford GT model and converted it to as close of an exact replica of the 2019 Six hours of the Glen. Removed all of the WEC Le Mans decals and livery pieces. Whatever setting solution Top Speed uses is good stuff! I found after struggling for a while with removing some of the decals that De-Solv-It actually worked the best without harming the paint. Almost all of the decals I installed, ~81 in total, I created in GIMP & Corel and had printed by Highball Graphics. Pretty pleased with the end result!

IMG_E4023.jpg

4N6A6498.jpg

4N6A6537.jpg

4N6A6538.jpg

4N6A6503.jpg

4N6A6546.jpg

4N6A6504.jpg

4N6A1423-1.jpg

4N6A4205.jpg

Thanks guys - was a fun conversion. In my attempts to match the car and livery exactly to how it ran at the Glen in 2019 based on my pictures, I had to go back and forth a bunch with the little details. Modelling OCD, haha. I appreciate you looking!

Yeah - here's a few shots of how the model comes from Top Speed. In the decal removal process, salvaged most of the main livery and paint (light blue and red), then touched up, painted the mirrors and made covers for the left side fuel connection and air jack, added the roof camera pod, and decaled according to how it ran in IMSA at the Sahlen's Six Hours. The models are light on the finer details from Top Speed like grill and extractor vent details and the tires and wheels. 

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

1585418825_132969.jpg