Model Cars Magazine Forum

Superdetailed Monogram 1/8 Corvette

Lars Wahlström

Hello,
I'm new to this forum, but thought of showing off my latest model. It is the first in over 40 years. I got a kit as a Christmas present in 1977. A -65 Corvette Sting Ray in 1/8 scale, by Monogram. However, I thought it was so bad in the detail that it was never built.
But 2019 I got to myself that maybe anyway. So I googled and found that some had built it with added details that got me inspired. So about 1500 working hours later it was finished. Those who built the kit can see that a lot of additions and modifications have been made; the entire chassis, openable doors and detailed interior, etc.

I have made a complete documentation of the project in progress. 65 pages of text and images that can be obtained for free as a pdf file from me upon request by email to: larsinger@telia.com

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Truly museum quality Lars!    Your build may inspire others to dig out that old kit that they had languishing away for years and do something remarkable with it as you have done.

A good quality acrylic or glass display case might be a good investment for a model of this quality if you have not got one for it already.

Edited by Bugatti Fan