Model Cars Magazine Forum

1974 Cadillac Eldorado Johan Promo

Perspective Customs

5 minutes ago, ChrisBcritter said:

Great way to end the year! Is that Dynasty Red? And what was the source for the hood ornament?

Thanks Chris. The paint is krylon burgundy which is close to Cadillac cranberry. The flying goddess is from 3dScaleParts. He makes some really nice parts, wheels and tires.

That is spectacular work and yes it looks very similar to Cranbury Mist available that year. The column shifter is very accurate looking and appears you added the shock absorbers. I see these promos on ebay frequently and think about painting and detailing one in this manner. 

Edited by AMT68

Thanks everyone!

On 1/9/2021 at 8:09 AM, AMT68 said:

That is spectacular work and yes it looks very similar to Cranbury Mist available that year. The column shifter is very accurate looking and appears you added the shock absorbers. I see these promos on ebay frequently and think about painting and detailing one in this manner. 

The shocks are molded in the chassis. The good thing about most promos is they have a good amount of detail. You just have to bring them to life. If you're thinking about, go for it.

On 1/9/2021 at 3:25 PM, Jeffcad said:

Very nice Caddy !. Perfect color. Sister to my convertible one. :)

Thanks Jeff. You do some outstanding work on these old boats so I'm honored.

12 hours ago, Can-Con said:

Beautiful car. Love the paint, what is it?

Krylon Burgundy.