Model Cars Magazine Forum

BRBO 2021 Crackerbox car hauler

28 minutes ago, Mopar - D said:

Sam I would leave it as is because you still have to get your exhaust stack in that space. It’s going to be a very nice looking rig. 

Dan, you are correct....I was not thinking about the exhaust at  all. So we keep it as is. 

26 minutes ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

I would leave it alone too. The trailer looks great! I was actually wondering if you were going to have room for a tandem axle truck with this trailer, but it looks like it is going to work just fine. Looking forward to seeing more!

Thanks Brian. I need to get another one of these trailers,  they go together really easy, and now I know what to do different on the next one. lol

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/28/2021 at 8:19 AM, Mopar - D said:

Sam I’ve seen a picture from the early 60’s of these trailers in tandem behind a truck like yours. They were Mopar cars on the trailers. I plan to double mine up some day with some 62 and 63 Mopars on them. 

Good plan Dan. Don't let too much time pass or you will end up old and never got it done. Like I am getting.  😄

So after a couple squirrels named Falcon and Ranchero,  I am back on this. First, I had to getthe warp out of that frame. A number of dunks in very hot water later, and it went from this to this....and yes, the frame is level. Picture is deceiving the eyes. 

20210226_114727.jpg

20210226_123033.jpg

Thanks guys.

I spent this evening getting the cab to fit. Jeff put an aluminum rod in place for what I ass-u-me was a pivot point. I found these little brackets in the parts box and whadyaknow, the rod snaps right in. I also made sure it lines up with the bumper. Then I leveled the cab out on the rear cab mount,  and it even tilts forward.  I had to get the cab set so I know where to place radiator/ engine so everything clears. 

Oh, and that engine is a very tight fit. I definitely will need to set it back a bit for radiator clearance. 

20210227_184145.jpg

20210227_184133.jpg

20210227_184114.jpg

20210227_184008.jpg

20210227_184004.jpg

20210227_185734.jpg

Edited by Sam I Am

6 hours ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

That cab mount looks great! Engine looks just right in there!

I love how it looks here, but it will be moved back or I can't get a radiator in front of it.  I set the engine back last night, so we will  see. 

Thanks everyone,  really getting into this one.

Thanks everyone,  and yes, I did not want that cab tilted if I could help it.

So as they say, one step forward and two back.  New rear motor mounts, and radiator in place. Had to move the exhaust brace back, which I had forgotten before painting of course. Also am getting creative with the exhaust manifolds but the will fit in there, then I will have to get creative with the exhaust. I know it won't be correct with the real thing, but as long as it looks like it from 10 feet, I'll be happy. 

20210302_145036.jpg

20210302_174153.jpg

20210302_192021.jpg