Model Cars Magazine Forum

56 Chevy

Hard_2_Handle_454

This is the new Revell Del Ray kit.  It's not as good as I remember the previous kit being.  There's a few fit issues, most notably being the white walls and rims.  The white walls are snapped onto the tire and then the rims placed on. The rims are wider than the white walls.  Took some trimming to get them in there.  Chassis fit is not that great either.

50819316522_5125768b09_k.jpgSAM_0132 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

50818480103_7486847dc3_k.jpgSAM_0133 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

50819218881_29d9e0b13e_k.jpgSAM_0134 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

50818480008_1412e9f92a_k.jpgSAM_0135 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

50819218761_259b7c06df_k.jpgSAM_0136 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

1 hour ago, doorsovdoon said:

You're right, the rims do stick out a bit, don't they? but man, it looks gorgeous! 

Yeah, there's no saving it on the fit issue.  It was everything I could do to get the inserts for the whitewalls to look right.  Putting the rims on would pop them out, then they'd get stuck.  I was afraid of breaking them a few times trying to pry the two off and starting over.

42 minutes ago, Hard_2_Handle_454 said:

Yeah, there's no saving it on the fit issue.  It was everything I could do to get the inserts for the whitewalls to look right.  Putting the rims on would pop them out, then they'd get stuck.  I was afraid of breaking them a few times trying to pry the two off and starting over.

That's annoying. My Buick Wildcat had wheel issues. The stock wheels had no pin holes for the axles so it came with wheel backs, but they stuck out a mile because the tyres are so skinny. AMT messed up somewhere when converting it from the promo I think.

I think it is beautiful looking. Great paint and all the trim looks real clean. My parents had a '56 210 but with a couple of extra door on the back but almost the exact same colors. They were called Nassau Blue and White of some name. Theirs had the base interior and  little else. Even with the fit issues you turned this into a very nice display build. 

6 hours ago, BlackSheep214 said:

So the only fit issues were the rims and tires? Other than that, it looks really nice. 

Have you tried using white wall tires from another source? 

Don't have a parts bin right now.  Everything is boxed up from moving last year.  I wasn't planning in being in this house long.  The virus kinda screwed up my home search.  Which, I don't think I had in in my parts bin to begin with.  I really wasn't even planning on working on any models until I found a house, but they were starting to pile up.