Model Cars Magazine Forum

BRBO21 Ford CL9000

On 1/17/2021 at 8:21 PM, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

Wow!! Brian you’re really knocking this thing out!! It looks great!! I like it! The two hole rims are an excellent choice!

I don’t know if you have made a decision on the tanks yet, but sometimes I use PVC pipe and either paint it or I have wrapped it in thin aluminum glued on with two part epoxy.

Thanks Brian! I have thought about making my own tanks. What size PVC works and looks the best?

On 1/16/2021 at 7:22 PM, gotnitro? said:

Gorgeous detailing in the interior  !!! Nice color contrast w the od blanket too..reminds me of one Uncle Sam gave me 

On 1/18/2021 at 12:02 PM, gotnitro? said:

This Ford  looks good ! Swapping out kit rubber really makes a difference,  awesome choice on the wheels too. 

Thank you my friend. I think I may still have my old blanket somewhere!

On 1/19/2021 at 6:27 PM, Dutzie said:

Thanks Brian! I have thought about making my own tanks. What size PVC works and looks the best?

Different sizes for different builds. I usually have some scrap but sometimes have to pick up some small pieces at the hardware and see what looks best. With this one being 1/24 you may want a little bigger tank. The pipe is measured in inside diameter. I think that I’ve used 1/2 and 3/4 before, but don’t hold me to that.

9 hours ago, gotnitro? said:

Brian's right on about pvc tanks ,.swing by hardware store and ask if they have any scraps left around usually they give em away less than say 6 inch pieces 

Try both sizes he suggested and see what visually looks best 

Thanks Jeff. I will do that this weekend.  

On 1/20/2021 at 5:26 PM, signguy2108 said:

Nice build, I always like the cl, but i was afraid of heights! There was one here in town years ago that was purchased from the bud moore nascar team, red,white and polished aluminum everywhere! Guy kept it about 3 months and went back to a long nose pete.

Thanks Larry. I bet that was a sharp looking truck!

Just a few more updates. Down to the final stages of the build. I have the silencers and heat shields built and painted. Should get these attached today along with the rest of the little bits. Ordered aluminum fuel tanks but also printed my own  65 mm tanks. The tanks are in paint now. I will see what the look like before I make up my mind. Still have some touch up paint to do on the grill too. 

B98CD565-B801-44B9-929D-E7461F9EDFC4.jpeg

08E91C6D-E265-4C4C-B71B-57CF7578984A.jpeg

77DD5903-42A9-43BA-8E7F-4D0075671805.jpeg