Model Cars Magazine Forum

any thoughts on this ebay resin caster?

Stuff looks pretty good. I thought about trying them aswell, shipping looks a little high on those tiny items..i mean they could be shipped ina padded insulated envelope for 1.50..so order a few items to make the most of it! :)

(Shipping price on the larger items though is cheap!) sorry just a petpeave of mine hehe (im not complaining..honest)

if you ship via usps online, the minimun charge is 4.80, with priority mail. the guys i work with use it, and seem to like it. i use the atc at the post office. i charge 7.50 s&h. sometimes its 5.00..sometimes its 9.50. i have to average it out as i dont know the actual amount till i use the atc. shipping aint cheap.

I know. It's terrible.

Actually, it may not be definite bad news. I was in there yesterday and they told me that the owner is selling and looking for a buyer to keep the place open. The guy I spoke with said that they've had a few good bites and he sounded fairly optimistic about the chances that a buyer will be found.

So, keep your fingers crossed!

BigPoppa-

I don't have photos of the clamps, but here's a cargo box I made for a model work truck.

HPIM00631-vi.jpg

The clamps were a huge help. Just glue one joint at a time, then add bracing. Use thick sheet plastic, too. It may take a couple of tries, but it's not impossible. Hey- someone has to build the masters for all those resin kits.